Eighteen

Beep
Beep
Beep

Can someone turn that annoying sound OFF?! I fluttered my eyes open, nearly getting blinded by the light. I felt something in my throat but before I could move I felt tingles on my right stomach region. I turned my eyes in that direction to see someone slumped over, long brown hair spread out over the bed. I gently moved my right arm and hit the nurse call button, the tube was getting hella annoying.

I rested my hand carefully across my chest and closed my eyes. After a short wait I heard a nurse walk in. I opened my eyes and slightly moved my head, she saw and nodded her head. She called the doctor to help her remove the tube that was in my lungs. Surprisingly none of this woke up my sleeping mate??

Some time later they finally removed the blasted thing. I looked at the doctor and pointed at my throat, silently asking for water. He gave a soft smile and left to get a glass while the nurse did a check up. I looked at her and got her attention, quietly pointing at Wanda I held my finger to my lips as a sign to be quiet. She got the hint and went on with the exam quietly.

She was checking out my prosthetic arm, making sure the motor functions were correct and doing well when a few people came in. I watched the nurse get up and walk over to them, allowing me to lay back in the bed and fake being asleep. The reason? Well Loki, Natasha, and Tony were all in my hospital room. And two out of those three I didn't exactly......like at the moment. I turned so my stomach faced Wanda and my eyes were closed. I heard some rustling and I listened closely.

"Haz she voken up yet?" Wanda asked, her voice quiet and laced with sleep. Okay I'm gonna be honest her sleep voice is sexy as hell.....

"Yeah she was up a few seconds ago, I guess she well back asleep. The poor thing took one hell of a hit. She was out for a week, she isn't even properly healed yet. I'm surprised she even woke up." The nurse sighed, reaching out to touch me. Okay look, I am NOT okay with people touching me. So I reacted accordingly. I sat up and moved closer to Wanda. I was scared, why do people like to touch me all the damn time?

I felt a pain in my chest and whines softly. I heard rustling again and felt someone hug me. My muscles tensed but since I felt tingles I actually fell towards the person holding me.

"She's afraid of people touching her." Wanda rushed out, her hand combing thru my hair. Okay that actually feels pretty good, can you continue? Thanks!

I placed my ear next to her heart and listened to it pump, continuing to glance around like a frightened animal. In all honesty, her heart sounds nice.... I'm comfy so I'm just gonna..... Sleep. Yeah that sounds nice.