| Chapter 8 | The basics

. . .

Author POV

Felix, Felicity, and Peregrine were walking out on the courtyard were Peregrine was supposed to tell them how to play Quidditch.

"Quidditch is easy to understand. Each team has seven players. Three Chasers, two Beaters, one Keeper and a Seeker. You guys are Seeker and Chaser." Peregrine said as they carried a heavy brown chest to the yard. He started opening it and took a big brown ball out. "There are three kinds of balls. This one's called the Quaffle." He threw the ball to Felicity. "The Chasers handle the Quaffle and try to put it through one of those hoops." He pointed to the three big rings in the distant playing field. "The Keeper defends the hoops. With me so far?"

"I think so. What are those?" Felix asked. Peregrine put back the ball and gave Felix a bat. "You better take this." Peregrine opened the lock that was over one of the twitching balls and the ball flew up in the air before coming back down. Felix hit it perfectly. "Not bad, Lee. You'd make a fair Beater. Uh-oh." The ball came back right into Peregrines stomach as he caught it, he locked it back into the box again.

"What was that?" Felix asked excitedly.

"Bludger. Nasty little buggers." Felicity answered.

"Ah, Kim is it? You know your fair share of Quidditch." Peregrine looked at Felicity nudging her side.

"She's really smart," Felix said proudly.

"Well, Lee, you are a seeker so you don't have to worry about the Bludger. The only thing I want you to worry about is this." He took out a small golden ball. He tapped on it and two golden wings appeared, it sounded a lot like a mosquito. "The Golden Snitch."

"I like this ball," Felix said as he held onto it, Felicity held onto her laughter.

"You like it now." She said. Peregrine gave her a smirk.

"Just wait. It's wicked fast and damn near impossible to see." He told Felix.

"What do I do with it?" Felix asked. Felicity was dumbfounded about how Felix knew nothing about the sport.

"You catch it. Before the other team's Seeker. You catch this, the game's over. You catch this, Lee, and we win" Peregrine explained. The Snitch started flying in the air.

"Woah."

. . .

Felicity POV

"One of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation... or the ability to make objects fly. Do you have your feathers? Good. Now, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing. The swish and flick. Everyone." The professor demonstrated and we all followed. I was able to make my feather fly on the first try which wasn't that hard really, but I noticed that Felix had a little bit of trouble with his.