|Chapter 6|

I unlocked the door to the apartment and threw my stuff down before setting my shoes to the side. 

I like you

I didn't know why I was feeling so nauseous after his class. Just something about the way he looked at me and spoke was enough to make me hot and bothered. I shook the thoughts out of my head as nothing but hormones, I can sometimes get delusional when my period is close.

"How was today's class Mrs. Clarke!" Abby's voice sounded from the kitchen, over the loud Marina and the Diamonds song. I let out a dramatic groan. She was NOT helping.

"Abby you are a pain. I need to study a little for our test, can you turn the music down a little?"

She did as I requested but she poked her head around the door frame. "Study? Emelia you of all people know this stuff, don't over study."

"I'm not!" I said defensively. "Just making sure that this first test is a slam dunk." Not waiting for her reply I tugged my bag into my room before shutting the door. 

I went over every part of the brain I could think of, all of the lobes, all of the sections, and even refreshing myself on hormones. He had a habit of making questions as complicated as possible, so knowing that the test was on parts of the brain, I knew I had to know everything.

Abby softly knocked on my door. "Ready?"

"It's time already?" I gaped with wide eyes. 

She nodded. "Yep. So much for not overstudying am I right?"

I ignored her comment and packed my stuff, a little nervous about class. My stomach hadn't fully recovered from last class and no matter how much I focused on studying, the pesky feeling of butterflies never went away.

We both casually walked to the bus and waited. "What do you think is going to be on the test?" She asked, nudging my arm. 

"Brain stuff." I answer, earning a harder nudge from her elbow. "I don't know Ab! I just went over everything I could, you know he likes to get specific."

The bus slowly pulled up to us and thankfully there were not that many people on board. We both took seats and chatted more about the suspected test material until my phone rang. 

"Cory just doesn't give up!" Abby giggled, making me smile despite my annoyance.

That smile quickly faded when I saw "Jen" on the caller ID. "Shit." I breathed out, glancing over to Abby. She too dropped her jaw. "Jen as in Jenna? As in sister Jenna?"

I nodded, contemplating whether or not to answer the call. As I was deciding, the call ended and instead a text popped up.

Jen: Hey sis, long time no talk!

Me: Hey :) everything ok?

Jen: Yeah.. Are you free right now?

Me: Not really I have a class

Me: Why?

Jen: I just need someone to be with me right now, something happened with Kyle

My heart stopped for a moment.

Me: Are you ok??

Jen: I'm fine, I just need to talk with you right now it's serious

Me: Jen I have class can it wait an hour or two?

Jen: I wish it could, please Em I really need you

I took a shallow breath and wiped the sweat off my upper brow.

Me: Where are you?

Jen: Terrace Coffee Shop in Brooklyn. How soon will you be here?