|Chapter 17|

Thank you for 4k reads! Here's something a little different for all of the support <3

.

*Mature Content Ahead*

.

I stirred a bit, burying my head into the soft pillow beneath me. My eyes eventually fluttered open, seeing the pale light peeking in through the curtains. I shifted to my other side, now aware that I was in a bed.

His bed.

I stretched my still aching body and sat up a little straighter. He must've moved me to the bed from the couch, but he was no where in sight.

That is until he walked cautiously into the room, stopping when he saw I was no longer sleeping. "Good morning."

"Morning." I yawned, plopping onto my back to join the silky sheets.

He carefully approached the bed, already fully dressed in a dark blue button down and classic black work pants. He sat at the edge of the bed staring down at me. "I didn't mean to wake you."

"You didn't." I assured him. "Did you move me to the bed last night?"

"I figured you'd be more comfortable here. But I didn't change you or anything like that." He gestured to the clothes I was still wearing from yesterday.

"Your bed is probably dirty now."

"It'll wash." He chuckled. "I'd rather that than to cross a boundary."

"We've slept together." I said bluntly.

"I'm aware jerk."

"You know for such a clean freak I figured you'd rather just leave me on the couch than mess up your bed."

"Usually yes." He smirked. "But I like you so maybe it doesn't bother me as much."

For the sake of my own sanity I decided to ignore that small confession and change the subject. "Do you have a class now?"

"Just a lecture for some nurses at NYU. Then I have a short meeting with the department. But you're welcome to stay here."

"Not gonna lie I would've felt a little odd if I woke up and you vanished." I laughed.

"Well I was planning on leaving a note."

"How cute." I teased.

"Shutup and go back to sleep, it's too early for your sass." He tried hard to sound serious but I saw the corners of his mouth lift into a smile. Before he left he stopped at the doorway. "Oh and just so you know- you moan in your sleep. Not complaining, just an observation."

I opened my mouth slightly and burned up at the sight of his snarky look.

I'll wipe that smug look off of his face.

"Well since you aren't complaining feel free to undress me next time."

His eyes widened a bit and I knew I had to keep a straight face to win. "I'll see you later." His eyes were dark as he spoke, turning around and continuing to leave.

I finally let a winning grin slip out and pulled the blankets up higher on my body. Why does he keep his room so freezing?

• Alex's POV •

I need a coffee.

My mind slowly recovered from a night of little sleep as I made my way down to the lobby of my building.