|Chapter 2|

"What a pleasant surprise." I could practically hear the smirk on his face.

I took a deep breath and wore a grin. "I can't say the same." I mocked. I turned around to meet his intense gaze. He looked the same, his dark hair was short in the back but had a few strands that dangled on his forehead. His steel blue eyes were on mine and he raised an eyebrow.

"Why is that?" He crossed his arms as he leaned against the door. He was wearing black dress pants that hugged his lower half, and on top he sported a white button up with a black blazer. It too hugged him in all the right places. He was never one for ties, but I wasn't complaining, without one his collar was more open.

"I don't remember you being too... pleasant." I laughed, building up my confidence. I was intimidated but at the same time, it felt as if we never stopped talking. He shook his head, a hand coming up to scratch his facial hair.

"I don't appreciate that." He stared me up and down for a moment before pushing off the door and striding over to his desk. "You are very early, I see nothing has changed."

"You seem like you haven't either." I nodded to the papers on his desk. "Are you still grumpy all the time?" I pushed. His eyes shot up at me as he sat.

"Em." He warned.

"Alex."

His eyes widened at my use of his name. "Emelia." He scolded.

"Alexander."

He groaned and placed his face in his hands. "You really are still a pain in the ass." He murmured. "We are not on first name basis." He said coldly.

I put on a fake frown. "Oh come on, we work together now."

"Let me make this clear Ms. Wilder." His voice dropped and my breath hitched. "I don't like being tested-"

"I was kidding sir." I sighed.

"Don't call me that."

"Sir?"

"Yes don't." He growled. "Do you want this job?"

"Of course." I nodded.

"Then don't make me regret my decision." He said bluntly. "Now let's discuss how this is going to go." He gestured to the desk next to his and I took a seat. He handed me a few papers, some for me, and some that he was to hand out to the class. As he talked I took more time to look him over. He was the same, bipolar person. One minute, our relationship was all sweet and jokes, and then his doctor side came out, and he was cold and harsh.

"When the students walk in, I will give my spiel and then you will introduce yourself. Understood?" He shot me a look and I nodded. He raised his arm to check the time. "Why did you come so early?"

I shrugged. "You told me to. And you know me." I said sheepishly. "Sorry."

His face softened. "Don't apologize." He sat back in his chair and put his arms behind his head, leaning back. "So how have you been?"

There he goes being sweet again. "I'm okay." I sighed. "Can't wait to finally be out of here."

"How's your mother and the kids?"

I laughed. "Still her crazy self. My brothers are good. Anthony is starting high school and Evan is starting third grade." I left out my sister, her situation was too complicated for explanation.

He nodded. "Glad to hear they are well. And your friends... Abby and Cory was it?"

I smiled. "Abby is still Abby. And Cory is good I guess, we don't really talk anymore." He lifted an eyebrow. "We broke up." I explained.