|Chapter 13|

*Mature Content Ahead*

.

"How was last night?" Abby asked first thing in the morning, wiggling her eyebrows.

I yawned, stretching as I entered the kitchen. "It was good. Did you see the pasta in the fridge?"

"I did." She grinned brightly. "Now come on, stop avoiding the steamy details!"

"I'm not!" I laughed. "Nothing steamy happened, we just talked and ate dinner." It technically wasn't a lie... except for the short makeout I wasn't about to discuss. 

"Whatever." She scoffed, rolling her eyes. 

"Whatever." I mimicked her, shaking my head. "If something really juicy happened I would tell you." I ran my hand over the stack of mail and lifted up an envelope addressed to me. I sighed when I saw my high school as the sender. 

I carefully opened the envelope and removed what looked like an invitation. Please no.

I groaned loudly, catching Abby's attention

I groaned loudly, catching Abby's attention. She peered over my shoulder and squealed. "Reunion! You should go!"

"No way!" I stuck out my tongue, tossing it to the side. I quickly checked my alumni facebook page to see everyone already posting about how they were so excited for a stupid bonfire party. I shook my head at all of the fake people until I found one name that made me stop.

Ben Kilner.

My ex boyfriend. My first boyfriend actually. His post was a thumbs up emoji and he had tagged another girl. Curiosity getting the better of me, I clicked on the name and a busty blonde girl popped onto my screen. My face wrinkled and I closed the app. He of all people did not deserve a model for a girlfriend. He didn't deserve any girlfriend after he broke my heart.

"There's really no way I'm going." I said again.

"Come on, she's not that pretty." Abby sounded, still watching from behind me.

"It's not about that!" I lied.

"Bullshit." She coughed.

"Well I'm definitely not going alone Abby! That is social suicide, and I don't even like these people anymore."

"Why don't you ask Dr. Clarke." She interjected as she sipped her coffee. I turned to shoot her a glare. "I'm serious! You think he'd say no?"

"Even if he didn't say no, why would I ask him?"

"Um because he's hot and successful, and you could throw that in your high school's face. Plus, I bet he'd enjoy seeing you two nights in a row." She winked.

I shook my head again. "You're insane, I can't ask him."

"Fine, don't ask him. But you should go, I don't want you to regret not going. I also don't want you to regret not taking this one opportunity you have to one-up your ex."