I | ⋆⑅˚₊

Yoo Jeongyeon

Ugh I can't believe I'm actually doing this, why did I let Jennie sucker me into this? And why am I at Yeri's house?!

I fiddle with the seatbelt strap on my chest  moving uncomfortably in my seat, am I too informal? I look down at my black t-shirt and ripped jeans and begin immediately regretting not only going by my boyish outfit choice.

Ugh it's just one night Jeong that's all...

As soon as I look up again I see Yeri sprinting down her sidewalk and slamming the door to her house clad in a frilly form fitting red dress, and silver heels and jewelry.

What in God's name?....

The look on her face tells it all too me, as she opens the car door and slams it shut behind her fumbling with the seatbelt.

"Drive! Don't ask just drive!"

I turn the car on and step on the gas which clearly wasn't enough to Yeri's liking.

"Are you trying to get us killed?! Drive faster!!!"

She starts to climb over to the drivers seat and move her legs over to the gas pedal.

"Yerim what are you doing?!?"

"I'm trying to get us out of here before we're both killed!!!"

"You didn't tell your parents again did you?!"

"No....."

Out of my rear view mirror I see a tall man standing outside Yeri's house.

Crap... Kim Yerim this is the last time I ever do a favor for you...

I move her away from the pedals and back to her seat and push the gas even harder whipping through Yeri's neighborhood as fast as a bullet.

"Yeah!!!! Thank you so so much Jeongyeon you have no idea how grateful I am!!"

"Yeah well enjoy it while it last because this is the last time you get me in trouble for your crazy antics...."

"Oh hush Jeon, you know you love me and aren't bothered by a chase like this..."

Yeri pulls out her a red lipstick from her purse and blots it onto her lips, I can't help but have my eyes linger over to her lips and the way the color suits her complexion and outfit so well. As if on cue Yeri notices my staring and smirks,

"Oh Jeon I see you like my lipstick? You want some?"

What is she going on about?!?!

"W-what are you talking about Yerim?"

Her face inches closer to mine, her shoulder length blonde hair tickling my face and cheek, my face starts to heat up again from the closeness.

"Hold still while I apply it..." she starts to rub her finger over the product and apply it directly to my lips.

"I-it's fine, you really d-don't have to d-do that..."

"Hush Jeon, you need to shine just like I know you do everyday. Now be quiet while I do something for you."

"B-but."

"No buts, just keep driving."

I comply with what Yeri says as she finishes applying the lipstick and using it as a bit of blush to add to my cheeks to bring the color out, I look in my mirror to see the difference it made.

Pretty.

"There, now you look less like a little girl and more like the mature woman I know you are..." I look over to see Yeri's eyes full of pride and her smile the widest I've ever seen.

"C'mon quit joking around Yeri...." I fix my bangs a bit moving some hair out of my face.

"I would never lie to you Jeon, I may do immature things but I know one thing for sure : your not me. And you need to stop being so doubtful on your own abilities and looks." Her hands start to linger near my neck and start to fluff up and primp my hair for me, "So stop being so harsh on yourself Kay?" She looks me in the eyes as I pull the car up to one of the empty lots parking it.

I look at her serious expression on her face and I can tell she means what she's saying.

"Were here, lets get this over with."

I know one thing for sure...

I can never be like Yeri, She's great... funny, smart, athletic...

And I'm just me.