Chapter 7

Vic's POV

I felt nervous and awkward around Alan and I wanted to scream. He was so ridiculously adorable but also so timid it was crazy and I was constantly scared of scaring him or something and I didn't want to do that. Currently, we were both in my living room. Alan had a blanket wrapped tight around his shoulders and I was sitting on the floor working on some software updates while he watched a movie.

"How's your thing going?" Alan asked quietly.

"Good, you wanna come look?" I asked, turning to look back at him.

"Uh sure," He said and got up before he came and sat beside me.

"So, I'm working on some software for this businesses website to change it up a little bit," I said quietly, pointing to the screen. "This is what it looks like now and this," I pointed to another part. "This is what I'm supposed to add and change it to."

He smiled, "That's cool." 

"Yeah but, I think it still looks really bland and boring and I don't know, I feel like this whole website could be so much better but, I don't know what to do to make it better."

"I don't know either really."

"But you see it don't you?" I asked. "It needs something."

"Yeah, I don't know what to tell you," He said moving away a little.

"Thanks anyway," I said, giving him a small smile.

Alan nodded and got up, sitting on the couch again, "No problem."

"How's your movie?" I asked.

"It's fine. I'm not really paying much attention to it.'

"How are you feeling?"

"Decent. I've been better. How are you?"

"Tired," I admitted.

"You should sleep more."

"I can't, I have too much to do," I said, rubbing my eyes.

"I wish that's why I couldn't sleep."

"I'm sorry Ash. I shouldn't complain."

"No, you're fine. You have all the right to complain."

"No I don't," I said shaking my head and went back to my work.

"Yeah you do. Everyone has that right. If you don't like something in your life there's no harm in complaining. I complain about Jack all the time and my stupid, stupid decisions."

"You have it much worse. I shouldn't complain about mine," I told him.

"So? Everyone goes through different things, but that doesn't mean you can't complain about the bad things or just anything in your life."

"I know that but I feel bad."

"Don't feel bad. It makes me feel a little bit better know you're life isn't as perfect as it looks."

"Gosh, my life isn't perfect, trust me," I laughed.

"And that makes me feel a little better."

"Really?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

He nodded, "Really."

"I'm glad my discontent amuses you," I said, smiling a little at him.

"Well nobody's perfect," He said, "I mean, i've literally been a hooker and a drug addict for the past year, I'm far from perfect."