Doctor's Grief

Third POV - 2 Days Later - January 14th 2015

"I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant: I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow. I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures which are required, avoiding those twin traps of over treatment and therapeutic nihilism. I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug. I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery. I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God. I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick. I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure. I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm. If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help." The Hippocratic oath or the doctor's oath as some call it. The Hippocratic oath originated from Greece when they would vow to Apollo, Asclepius, Hygieia and Panacea that he/she will not harm another human being or give them a deadly medicine. They ill do all that they can to preserve life as much as they can and will help all those in need. All doctors must take this vow in order to become official doctors. Today, Lena and 7 other senior housemen (medicals students who have graduated for two years or less and are working at a hospital) are going to finish their third year of being housemen and are going to become official doctors.

"Congratulations fellow doctors. Good luck to you all with your future career." The head doctor announced. Lena received her certificate and headed straight over to Mark.

"I did it Mark, I finally became a doctor!" She was jumping up and down with joy while showing Mark her new certificate. "I never thought that I would end up being a doctor after moving from job to job. I guess Dr Martin was right after all, my future is in taking care of others."

"I completely agree with that since you are taking care of me at the moment. So, should we go visit your dad? I'm sure that he'll be happy to see that new certificate of yours." They hurry to the elevator and go to the floor that Lena's parents were transferred to which was the oncology department (this department provides a radiology and a full range of chemotherapy treatments for cancerous tumours and blood disorders). The elevator doors opened and they headed straight to where Lena's parents were moved to.

"Hi mum, dad, what do you think about the new hospital? Is it better than the last one?"

"Of course honey, all the nurses here are nice and seem like professionals. Also, the food here is a lot better than the other one." Lena's dad was being fed through a tube and he was hooked up to a life support.

"Mum, dad, I've finally become a doctor." Lena showed them the certificate and her mum was overjoyed. "I promised you that I would find a job that you would be proud of and this is it." Beep Beep Beep. The patient's heart opposite Lancet stopped and the emergency alarm went off. Lena rushed to the patient and started preforming CPR. A nurse rolled up a defibrillator up to Lena started to revive him. "200, clear. Again, clear. 250, clear. Again, clear." Beep... Beep... "Call a doctor and get him checked out. Find the cause of the heart failure and keep him under supervision at all times from now on to make sure that a relapse doesn't happen." The nurse nodded and called a doctor. "All sorted, another patient lives to see tomorrow."

Mark's POV

"Excuse me but are you the wife and daughter of Mr Tame?" A doctor asked.

"Yes." Clara said.

"Good, I have some bad news for you. Mr Tame doesn't have long left and is expected to depart tomorrow or the day after. I'm so sorry." Clara held back the tears and forced a smile. "We are going to transfer him to the Osiris room tomorrow." The doctor left and Lena wrapped her arms around me and broke down in tears. A few tears escaped Clara's eyes but she quickly wiped them away.

"I worked so hard to become a doctor just so I could find a cure for my dad! I wanted to take a walk with him in the countryside once more and have a conversation with him about the future!" Lena screamed. "I don't want him to go, I want to relive the days that I used to have with him... All I wanted to do was to say I love you... once more." I never got to say I love you to my dad before he died. Lena closed her eyes and fell asleep. Sleeping is the best remedy for pain.

"Mark, why don't you take Lena home? You should get some rest yourself."

"What about you Clara?"

"I'm going to stay with Lancet, it's the only thing I can do."

"Ok Clara, take care." I piggy backed Lena back to my house and onto the sofa. "You once said to me that death was inevitable and that you will believe that you can save every one of them until the very end. If that is what you believe then you shouldn't give up on your dad so easily like I did. There is a very slim chance but that is still a chance. A chance to be together again." I whispered as I laid her onto the her bed. "We'll go visit him tomorrow and you can spend the last moment with your dad." I tucked her in and left. "Hey Wade, can you do me a massive favour? If you can get me a bouquet of blue roses by 11:30 am tomorrow then I'll give you $50." I said to Wade over the phone.

"Sure man, but what are they for? Have you found a woman? Shouldn't you be buying her red roses instead?"

"No Wade, they're for a friend's dad who's favourite flower is blue roses and he's dying."

"Oh, sorry Mark. Well, I'll definitely get them for you. I know a florist that opens super early and sells lovely bouquets of blue roses. Don't bother with the $50, if it's for someone important like that then there's no need to pay me back. Oh yeah, where have you been for the last 3 days? Your fans and your friends are worrying about you. Bob, Aaron and a lot of other people have been trying to call you but you didn't answer. Did something happen? Were you in a car crash?"

"How did you know?"

"It's all over the Markiplier fandom pages, someone filmed a car accident and there was someone who looked like you lying in the middle of a huge crowd with a woman giving you first aid. Am I correct?"

"Yes, that happened 6 days ago. Can you send me a link to the video when you're free? I need to take it down before it causes panic."

"No probs Mark, see you tomorrow morning!" Dammit! A simple vlog isn't going to make people believe that the video was a hoax... or will it?