Open Up

Warning: Slightly dark with mild talk about self-harming. Skip chapter if you don't like these things.

Lena's POV - February 10th - 2:00am

I'm back here again, in the same darkness. A dim light shone onto a figure lying on the ground in a pool of blood. Mark? Mark! I rushed to his side and cradled him gently in my arms. "I didn't want to do this Lena, but you made me do it. Look at him Lena, lying there in your arms, helpless, possibly dying but definitely in pain. Is this what you want to happen to him? Because it's going to happen to him if you don't join me in my kingdom." A voice boomed around me. I looked around but there was no one to be seen. The voice was familiar but I couldn't exactly put my finger on the face it belonged to. "Look at him Lena, look at him. This is all your fault. Do you want to know what else I can do to him?" I was forced to look down at him as he started to moan which quickly turned into cries of pain. Between his coughs and cries was blood that trickled down the side of his mouth and onto my hands. His eyes shot open and looked straight at me. It didn't look like he was looking at me but through me. "Isn't he adorable like this? Look at his precious life fluids flow out of him, running freely onto the ground. Is this really what you want to happen to him?" He grabbed onto my shirt and pulled me closer to him. Instead of fear, there were tears in his eyes.

"..." He tried to say something but nothing came out.

"Thank God he can't talk because I can't stand his voice. Honestly, I don't understand how you can stay with such a fool like him." I did this to him... I did this to him... How? Why? What did he ever do to me that would make him end up like this in return?

"Mark... I'm so sorry I dragged you into this mess. I never wanted this to happen to you. Please forgive me!" I placed my forehead onto his and cried. All I've ever been able to do was cry and run away. I can't even run away now. I don't want to run away right now. In my mind I do but my heart is telling me to stay. "Mark..."

"Do you have anything else you want to say to him besides his name?" Something felt tight around my neck, as if something was trying to suffocate me. It was bearable but I couldn't breathe properly. "Times up Lena. Say goodbye." A hand dragged me away from him and I was pinned down onto the ground. I tried to break free but it was pointless. Death appeared above Mark with his scythe. It spun it's scythe round and round before raising it above it's head. "Do it." It swung the scythe down. I watched as the scythe slowed down as it approached the head. This is going to happen to Mark and I don't want it to. I don't want it to happen to him. I don't want him to suffer. If I want him to live then I have to go. I have to leave him and disappear.

"MARK!"

Mark's POV - 3:00am

"MARK!" Huh? What? Who? Lena? I kicked my duvet off and rushed across the corridor and opened the door to her bedroom and flicked on the light. Her duvet was wrapped around her neck and she had her left hand around it and the other was lashing around. I undid the duvet and shook her slightly.

"Lena, wake up." One of her hands swiped across my face and the other one grabbed my wrists. "Lena, it's me, Mark. Wake up!" Her eyes shot open and scanned the room. Her eyes fixated onto me and tears ran down her cheek. "Are you ok?" She sat up and wrapped her arms around me. Her hug tightened and tightened. I rocked her gently back and forth. The hiccups stopped and her breathing returned to normal. Her arms dropped down to the bed and she was slumped on my chest.

10:00am

I was lying down on the bed and Lena was still lying on top of me. She's a lot lighter than I thought. I don't think I'll be able to get out of this without waking her up. I looked at the clock and huffed. I guess I should go back to sleep then.