03 | THREE

Dedicated to @nashkannagi_

Gurl, here you go, as promised.🙉

"Doctor Park," He turned to the nurse who called him.

"Yes?"

"Kim Hyerin is your patient right? The young girl that was diagnosed with lung cancer?" she asked.

Jimin furrowed his eyebrows. "Yes, she is. Why?"

"I check on her earlier. The tumor in her lungs had already exceeded 3cm in size and it already spreaded to the lymph nodes at the centre of the chest. Or simply- she was already at stage three of cancer," the nurse stated while her hand flips through the clipboard that was un her grasp. Which he assumed as Hyerin's health record.

Jimin rubbed his temples, as he let out a deep sigh of frustration and concern. "Can't we perform a surgery on her?"

The woman across him shook her head lightly as she flipped close the clipboard and held it to her sides. "It is quite impossible to perform surgery as the tumor had already spreaded to the the lymph nodes in the centre of her chest. We can only let her undergo chemotherapy combined with radiation treatments to slow down the growth of the cancer cells,"

-

Jimin ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. He was leaning against the counter with his elbows supporting his body.

"Are you okay, Jimin?" Taehyung, who happens to be walking behind the other doctor questioned. "Are there something bothering you? Or someone? You looked stressed,"

"No," Jimin simply replied, eyes still focused on the pen that he has been fiddling with since a while ago.

"What happened this time?" The latter copied Jimin's posture by leaning his body on the counter, looking at him, emotion filled with concern and curiousity.

"You know the young girl named Kim Hyerin?" He asked and Doctor Kim nodded. "She's already in stage 3b of lung cancer. In which she only had approximately one year to survive," Jimin continued as he groaned while raking his fingers through his hair.

"The cancer cells sure spread so quickly. Last two weeks she was in stage 2 when i checked on her but now-" Doctor Kim was cut off by someone calling him.

"I gotta go. Talk to you later," he said, patting Jimin's shoulder before he walked away.

Jimin ran his fingers through his fingers once again in frustration and sadness.

He don't want to lost one of his patients again. Especially when the patient is a young kid who deserved to live longer.