28 | TWENTY-EIGHT

3 days.

72 hours.

4,320 minutes.

or 259,200 seconds to be exact.

259,199 seconds . . .

259, 198 seconds . . .

259, 197 seconds . . .

The hands of the analog clock continued its job of moving around the circular shape of its body that was coloured red and lime green on the face of it. It almost seem like it was circling twice or thrice faster as Jimin's dark brown orbs stared at them longer. The seconds kept on decreasing the digits painfully, one by one, with every tick until it reaches the big number twelve, then converting itself into one minute before it began its journey again.

The nervousness Jimin felt growed even more in his body and his negative thoughts started to bother his already messed up mind. The adrenaline flowing along with his blood through his vessels make his heart beat faster in his ribcage, so fast that it was as if he had sprinted a mile.

3 days. It wasn't that long before the day of his tumor removal surgery arrive. Time moves really fast, he wouldn't feel it. Three days will vanish itself just like that as he breath in and breath out, open and close his eyes. Then, POOF! He will be wheeled on the bed towards the eerie and chilly operation room to go under the sharp scalpel that will cut open his head while he slept deeply under the influence of anaesthetics.

As he was drowned deep into the dark pool of his thoughts, the sound of the office's entrance door being knocked three times resonates throughout the room.

"Doctor Park," a male voice called from the other side of the door. "Are you in there? May i come in?" He asked after a brief silence.

Jimin fixed his sitting position in his black leather swivel chair and gave his permission for the other doctor to enter his personal office. "Come in,"

The brown polished wood attached to the wall slowly swung open, and the head of the doctor poked in between the door frame and the door before he made his way in, shutting the door close gently behind him after he stepped into the room.

"Yes? What can i help you, Doctor Min?" Jimin asked, looking up from his table after the black-haired male stood infront of the leather chair, across the table with both his hands intertwined together infront of him. "You can have a seat you know," Jimin said while throwing the latter a small smile as he pointed the vacant seat across him, leaning into his own chair to relax.

"Ah, it's okay, Doctor Park!" He waved his hands twice. A short breathy chuckle left his lips and revealed his signature gummy smile. "Doctor Kang wanted to meet you, so i went here to pass the message. And she said that it is important, so you need to go to her office,"

Jimin bobbed his head once, sat up and grabbed his coat that hung behind his chair before he tucked both his hands into the sleeves. "Okay, i'll go meet her now,"

"It's three days before your removal surgery, Doctor Park," reminded the older female doctor and Jimin nodded as a response.

"I'm aware of it, Doctor Kang," he smiled slightly, trying to brush off the nervous feeling in his heart.

"So i guess you need to be admitted to the wards. As soon as this evening or tomorrow morning since we need to monitor your health at least for two days before you undergo your surgery," she stated, taking a sip of her black coffee from her mug. Small curls of smoke can be seen from the mug after she set it back down on the table.

"Noted," replied Jimin, short, without emotions or the raise in his tone - answering her in a rather calm manner, eventhough his insides acted otherwise.

"Are you okay with that, Doctor Park? Don't worry though, you'll be placed in the private ward so no one will know about this, except me, Doctor Kim and the neurosurgeons," she added.

"I'm totally okay with it, even if i'm not in the private ward, it's still the same as others. The only difference is that the private one is separated from others," Jimin smiled reassuringly to the person across him.

"Well, if you say so," said Doctor Kang, chuckling.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I'm so EGGcited for school lmao