Luce: Like a Mirror

He approached his daughter, who was laying on the ground. He smiled inwardly. The fall to hell was near impossible to survive. But the teenager looked more like she was winded. She was completely unscathed, even her school uniform was burn free.

He stared for a moment into her silver streaked eyes.

Yup, they were Victoria's. But the rest of her was him undeniably. Same sharp features that could be formed so angelically that anyone would trust in them fully or twisted intimidatingly making people run away in fear.

He stuck his hand out to her to help her rise. She stared hard at her own hands like she was afraid she might scorch him. A-ha. She discovered her fire. That must have been what brought her here.

He winked at her,
"Don't worry, you can't burn me."

She looked up at him in shock. She took his hand and he steadied her up. She gave him a weak smile.
He smiled back,
"So tell me angel, what possessed you to come to this god forsaken place?"

She looked quizzedly at her surroundings,
"I was aiming for earth. But then a truck almost hit me. Except the ground below me cracked open and I fell here. Am I dead? And stuck in hell for burning Mabel's hair off?"

Luce looked back at her, an amused smile played on his lips. Her tone did not show convey she was sorry for the latter. More like just confused.

"Cause if I'm truly in hell my mom is going to freak!"

Luce laughed out loud. He liked this girl, she had spunk.

She seemed baffled by his response. He realized that it was possible that Victoria hadn't told her yet who he was,
"Tell me, does your mother know you left heaven?"

She shook her head guilty,
"No... I was just...so frustrated. I really just needed a change of scenery. I just jumped over the railing without really thinking about what to do next."

"I see," Luce mused.

"So am I dead?"

"No, you don't really know much about yourself do you?"

She looked at him with a strange face,
"What do you mean by that?"

He paused, thinking how to bring it up,
"Who is your dad?"

"Gabriel, do you know him?"

"Yes. Do you know who I am?"

"Maybe a ... demon, though you look too nice to be a demon?"

Luce laughed out loud,
"My dear I am much worse than a demon. I am sure mommy dearest has opted to keep some important information from you. And judging by your quick depart from home I assume you don't have much planned.

So I will give you my assistance. I am the ruler here. I have many names but you should call me Luce.

An ordinary angel would require my utmost attention attention to keep them safe. You, however, are not ordinary. You are actually very extraordinary Amelia. I was to eventually meet you later on but this circumstance has twisted plans, making our introduction premature.

No rather, you will have a room in my kingdom to stay in while you decide what to do, and you are free to roam these lands as you please, though I suggest staying in the main market areas. There are things past the gates that cannot been unseen. Oh, and if you require anything at all, like for clothes or items in your room just charge it under me.

Also some people here are quite wild. And some downright terrifying to view. But have no fear. You are much more scary to them."

She looked at him bewildered,
"Am I... um... stuck here?"

"No. Not at all. You can also go to earth but I can't protect you as well. Also once you hit earth the angels will most likely take you back to heaven right away.

I know you only know me through stories. And I don't expect you to trust me based on that knowledge. Hell I have no interest in trying to prove them wrong. But know that I have invested interest in you so no harm will befall you. Believe me, I direct the chaos.

You are free to make your own choices. But in my opinion you should take your time to decide what you need to do. Hell will always be part of your home, and nothing is viewed as wrong here so you can be sure you will find peace here that you never have known."

He watched Amelia take in her surroundings. He could tell she was thinking about what he said. Hell was immaculate despite its earthly description. The sky was dark and the buildings and stars twinkled with a sense of wonderment. The light reflected out on the silver of her eyes.
"I didn't think it would look like this!"

Luce nodded,
"I appreciate fine things. The worst souls here will never know that this is where they reside, they are so far gone from humanity. The flames of hell are in their spirits. They made it that way themselves."

She tilted her head. He saw that she was taking it all in.

"Come, I want to give you a tour of the kingdom."

The pair fell into a steady pace. Luce pointed out buildings, stores and various places of interest. Amelia asked him questions and he answered them honestly.

As they reached the main castle, Amelia's breath was taken away. He saw her take in the jewel encrusted archways, the floor to ceiling adorned mirrors and the large curved staircases. Not a speck of dust was seen.

A few of Luce's staff gathered at the the living room. His staff were all good, but extreme circumstances caused them to break a commandment. It held them in hell but they were all free to live normal lives here. In fact, inside the gates of the kingdom all the people were still mainly good.

Luce drew Amelia into the living room. She seemed very apprehensive to the gathered crowd, however as soon as she was in view the whole room bowed. She stood with her mouth agape.

Luce leaned down towards her, whispering,
"Amelia, remember you are extraordinary. Hell is your home until you settle you mind on what you want. You really are free to come and goes as you please but you will find if you stay for a period of time that all these people have been waiting a long time for you. Tell me you will stay for at least a while?"

She straightened her stance and nodded bravely. He smiled. She was born a queen.
"I am leaving you here for the moment. I have a couple ladies here that will guide you throughout the rest of the rooms here."

He motioned towards the crowd. They all stood smiling at Amelia, the kids poking their heads around adults to wave.

She smiled, a lot less apprehensive than before.

Luce's head lady, Nora, and her daughter, Lily, stepped forward.

Nora smiled widely, and surprise embraced Amelia,
"Oh my dear, look at you! Are you not the most beautiful thing! So perfect. Ah! look at those eyeees! Luce, did you see her eyes?"

"Yes Nora, they are hard to miss!"

He winked at Amelia, who was now very flustered. Lily stepped up and pulled her mother off Amelia, sending Amelia a genuinely apologetic smile,

"Sheesh mom let her breath. Of course she is stunning-look at her parents! Amelia, we would love to show you around. Are you hungry? We can get a snack then start the tour!"

Amelia smiled thankfully,
"That would be great!"
She looked up at Luce. He patted her arm, surprised at his strange emotions bubbling up.
"Lily shouldn't lead you astray, go off with her and have fun. If you need me I will come. In the meantime I have to put out some hell fire."

He gave her a proud smile followed by another wink.

He left the room, as though he wanted to stay longer, he knew his little angel needed time to adjust. He didn't want to be too overbearing. Plus he sensed she was prepared to stay awhile. If her fire was igniting than she needed him.