Victoria- Secret Revealed

Victoria studied her beautiful daughter. Amelia had clearly pieced everything together.

"Does Gabriel know?"

"No... I wanted to tell him... But I cowered."

"So he just generally treated you the way he did, it had nothing to do with being mad that you cheated?"

Victoria shrugged her shoulders and nodded, her voice quivered,
"I never really stood up against him, especially after Luce. I am still very ashamed of breaking my marriage vows. So I guess to ease my guilt I just tried to be what he wanted. A pretty wife that serves him meals and keeps the house clean. Bears his children and raises them as good christians."

Amelia nodded, it made sense now why Victoria would always defend her until Gabriel was brought in. Then Victoria would just allow Gabriel to take over.

Victoria watched as Amelia looked toward Luce. Luce was pulling at a frayed tear in his jeans, an uncomfortable look on his face. Victoria longed to comfort him but she didn't want to make Amelia upset.

Victoria looked back to Amelia,
"I guess the cat is out of the bag. I am leaving Gabriel. I was going to talk to him today but ..."

Amelia bit her lip,

"Do you think he will want to divorce you and marry Maria?"

Victoria felt her stomach twist. As much as she felt okay separating from Gabriel the thought of Maria's gloating face when Victoria did so still nagged at her.

"I'm not sure sweetie, maybe."

She tried to keep her tone smooth. She didn't want to give Luce the idea that she still had feelings for Gabriel. She thought of Thomas. He was still a mix of her and Gabriel. Someone that would always tie her to Gabriel.

"I hope to tell him as kindly as possible."

"So are you and Luce getting married? Like you are basically leaving Gabriel and climbing straight into Luce's bed?" Amelia's tone held an accusatory edge.

From the corner of her eye she watched Luce study Amelia. He too now looked on edge. Like he was upset that Amelia was trying to steal something away from him.

Like Amelia was trying to steal me away. Victoria's nerves calmed. She wanted Luce. She always wanted Luce.

"Amelia, I know this is wrong of me. But since I first spent time with Luce I have truly only wanted him."

She saw Luce relax. He tried to keep his face unreadable but she could see sparkles back in his eyes.

Amelia let Victoria's answer sink in. Victoria was unsure of how to proceed. She didn't want to upset Amelia any further but also was uneasy about discussing any more questions infront of Luce.

Suddenly Luce cleared his throat. He sat up straighter in his chair and looked at Amelia,

"I apologize for not introducing myself for who I really am. I am a known trickster so I did not want to make you unsure. You needed to hear from Victoria.

As I told you the first time we met, Hell is part of you. No one can travel unscathed into Hell. Even the demons sunburn when dropping here. However you can go freely between here and Earth, at anytime. You can rule demons and control humans. That is a lot of power.

Despite the circumstances as to how you came to be, you are my daughter. That grants you a lot of control.  I believe in free will, so I won't make you decide how you feel about me and Victoria. But I will tell you a story:

As a young man I separated myself from my father and mother. My decisions to go against the grain of god's will eventually caused my mother to choose to eliminate herself. She couldn't bare the embarrassment and the shunning she received from the other angels.