"Alex?"

Ash wakes up the next morning dazed and in a lot of pain. She has already forgotten what has happened to her.

"Oh right... Car accident" She thinks

I get to see Alex today... But will I be ready? Seeing her in an almost dead state, can I even take it?

She sits there thinking about the crash, what will happen and her wife. Whist feeling completely lost. Her wife, her lover, her caregiver how would she live without her?

Ash begins to cry as a nurse comes in.

"Hello" Ash says wiping her eyes.

"Morning Ash, I'm here to take you to see Alex. Are you ready?" Ash just nods not knowing what else to do.

The nurse helps her into a wheel chair and takes her to Alex's room. When she gets there she starts to cry again. All Ash sees is the woman she loves hooked up on every machine you could think of.

It's absolutely heart shattering. The nurse wheels Ash up to the side of the bed and leaves.

"Alex, i-its me b-baby. I'm here now"

No response, of course not. Ash put her hand on Alex's and cries.

My baby

My wife

My everything... She is in a coma because of me. If I wasn't acting so strangely that day he wouldn't have taken her eyes off the road and she wouldnt be here.

Why not me? 

I deserve she doesn't! 

Ash begins to think of all the things she has done wrong to Ash, at least the things she believed she did. In her own eyes she was Alex's problem. She knew Alex loved her but she thought that Alex's life would be easier without her.

She wouldn't be in this hospital in a coma with little hope to escape from it.

How would she tell Alex's family? They would get so sad.. Their daughter, sister, niece may never wake up. Then they would get angry at Ash. Who would blame them? Ash did it to her..

Letting our minds run can sometimes be a terrible thing. 

--few days later--

Ash was sitting with Alex when her family came in. Alex's parents and brother were in the room when Ash cried again.

"I'm so sorry Alex"

"For what honey?" Her mother in law asked.

She quickly wiped her eyes. "I'm sorry, I didn't see you guys there"

"What's wrong sweetie" Her mom asked again.

"This... It's.. It's all my fault!" She cried.

"How so?" Her father in law asked.

"Well the day it happened I was acting weird and Alex took her eyes off the road to look at me and ask me what is wrong... If I would have acted normal this wouldn't have happened"

"Oh Ash, this isn't your fault" Her brother in law tells her.

"That's right... It would have happened no matter what" Her mom softly says.

".. So you arent mad"

"Of course not honey, we love you" Her dad states. They all sit in Alex's room, comforting each other, hoping she would wake up.

------

Thanks for reading.