chapter seventeen

"After nearly two weeks of several court sessions, the court finds Starship Choreographer Moon Jiwoo and alliance Lee Seo Ji guilty of attempted murder and will be serving in Jail for more than two decades. Furthermore, Starship group Monsta X will resume promotions and are currently preparing for MAMA Japan before the year ends. This was KBS World News, signing off."

'Starship Choreographer found guilty in attempted murder' -Soompi

'Starship Choreographer was known to have alleged history with Monsta X Shownu and College Student Baek Na Hyun' - AllKpop

'Starship Choreographer and sasaeng alliance to serve in prison with possible parole' -KoreaBoo

'Show Champion security tightens - new rules made for safer environment' - Soompi

"I'm glad it's all over. Na Hyun must be exhausted." Shownu quietly says in the van along with Na Hyun's parents. As soon as they left the court, Na Hyun fell asleep on Shownu's shoulder. To make her more comfortable, he places his arm around her and scoots closer to prevent her from waking up.

"She's not used to having this much publicity on her too. It's not long before she has to leave to the mainland so hopefully, the attention she's received will lessen by then."

"I'll make sure of it Mom. We're going to prepare for our year-end performance so the media will be distracted on other idols instead." Shownu says loud enough for them to hear, but quiet enough to prevent Na Hyun from waking up.

"Yes, Mrs.Baek Shownu is right. There may be unavoidable situations such as when they get interviewed during promotions so they'll end up asking about it, but we'll make sure to try and keep it to an extent where she is comfortable exposure wise." Manager Hyunsik also assures.

"This will probably be the last time you see each other in a while, Shownu. You'll be busy catching up on work, especially having to leave for the upcoming award show."

"She's right, Shownu. You were able to manage the AAA's, but MAMA is quite bigger especially since it's in Japan."

He never realized that since he was with her for the past two weeks. He was so focused on winning the case that they never spent time together before parting from each other. Moreover, he still doesn't know what to do regarding the bet, if it was the right timing to mention it or not.

Shownu scrutinizes Na Hyun's sleeping figure. He slowly moved her fallen hair to one side, tucking the strands behind her ear. It's been a while since she's felt this peaceful.

Her arms unconsciously wrap around his torso, mumbling incoherent words before snuggling deeper into Shownu. He smiles unknowingly at the scent of her hair, and at the thought of how comfy he felt as well. He was really going to miss her.

It was a long drive back to the company, so Shownu ended up falling asleep, his head falling on top of Na Hyun's.

"They are really lucky to have each other." Manager Hyunsik says, admiring the two seated in the back.

Rather than hearing an answer, several sounds came from Na Hyun's mother- specifically, her phone.

"Honey, you better not spread those to anyone." Mr. Baek says before grabbing her phone to stop her from taking any more pictures of the two.

"I can't help it, it's their last time with each other." She says stuffily, before blowing her nose with the tissue packets she's been keeping in her purse. A woman going through something like going to court while on menopause can be really emotional for Na Hyun's mother.