chapter sixteen

"You may come in."

Those four words got Na Hyun's heart beating faster by the second. She felt Shownu's hand tighten around hers, causing her to look up at him. He slowly nodded, his brows creased together, silently asking her if she's ready. She sighs heavily before nodding, and they both enter the interrogation room, leaving Na Hyun's parents in the room with the one way mirror.

There were two police officers either side of Seo Ji, and four other police officers on each corner of the room. But with the way Seo Ji was glaring at Na Hyun, she still felt like she was dying. As if she stabbed her all over again. But she couldn't show that, she didn't want to show her weak side again.

Shownu and Na Hyun were seated across Seo Ji, with a big rectangular table in between. Na Hyun placed her hand that held Shownu's on her lap, covering his hand with both of hers. She felt safer that way.

"What more do you guys want from me?! I'm already  going to be trapped here goddammit, I don't want to speak to any of you. Most especially you."

Seo Ji's last word was extremely venomous towards Na Hyun. Anyone in the room can feel it. Na Hyun closes her eyes and breathes deeply, before looking up to stare at her eyes that were full of hatred.

"Why did you do it? Why did you want to hurt someone you like so much? It doesn't make sense."

Seo Ji avoided her gaze. She initially planned on keeping her mouth shut. But in her heart, she felt betrayed. And now, she wanted revenge.

"He said he would help me."

"He? Who? Is it the person you speak to on the phone?"

Seo Ji nods, her head hung low. Na Hyun doesn't take her eyes off her once, but Shownu keeps his eyes on Na Hyun the whole time.

"He's someone you know. Someone you all know very well."

Na Hyun thinks deeply.

Who would want to hurt Shownu?

"He knew I liked Shownu. But it was only in a fan site point of view. It wasn't deep, really. I just admired him as an idol and leader. But one day he saw me and persuaded me into thinking that I can actually have more and be more than just a fan site. He told me he was close friends with Monsta X and that he would help introduce me, but it never happened."  She shook her head, as if reminiscing the recent past before continuing.

"He ended up manipulating me and giving me tasks that I ended up following without thought. I only had one thing in mind that made me do things carelessly without thinking about the consequences."

Seo Ji didn't have the guts to look up as she stated her side of the story. Tears started to drop quickly, but because of her hands being hand cuffed, she couldn't wipe them away. She wouldn't.

"I sincerely apologize, I admit my wrong doings. I am willing to take the consequences, but I don't deserve to do them on my own because I'm not the only one involved. Please know that I too, am a victim in some sort. Please catch him before he escapes."

Na Hyun and Shownu look at each other, but they still have no idea who. They nod, before turning to Seo Ji.

"Who is it?" Na Hyun asks, squeezing Shownu's hand with both of hers in anticipation.

Seo Ji stares straight into Shownu's eyes. Not Na Hyun's, but Shownu's. This causes him to furrow his eyebrows. Seo Ji chuckles, sending shivers down their spines.

"Your very good friend, Choreographer Jiwoo."

•••

They were all at the waiting room. Their manager told the members and without thought, they rushed to the main police station where they were all gathered.