chapter six

"Like me?" Shownu asks out loud.

Na Hyun was slightly flustered at the fact that she blurted out her thoughts out of nowhere, but remained calm, not even bothering to cover up what she just said.

"I mean, yeah. You have all the qualities I look for in a guy. Someone with the same personality as you would be a good first date."

Shownu smiles. "And what's my personality like?" He was enjoying every second of it, because times like these are rare, where she openly speaks out her thoughts.

She's silent for a while, scrunching her nose a little with one eye closed. He loved the little details that she does with her face.

"You have a personality not everyone has. Some people are too arrogant when it comes to having a talent or all the things they have. But you're not only passionate in what you do, you're also down to earth. You're really silly and goofy and I like how you only show that around your closest friends, but you know when to be serious. You take care of everyone like a leader would too. You put others happiness first before yourself, and I think I admire that the most. You're selfless."

Shownu was speechless. He didn't know what to say. Or what to think. "Hyung, you alright?" She asks. He was still processing everything she said, making sure it was true.

Na Hyun notices something on his hair, carefully picking it out. As she was focused on doing this, he was just plain staring at her. "Hyung."

Shownu shakes his head back to reality. Something popped up in his head, but was suddenly too afraid to ask. He wants to make a deal with her, but he was still contemplating as she tilted her head in curiosity.

"Hyun-ah, I want to make a deal with you."

She blankly blinked a few times before nodding. "Go on."

".... if you don't find a first date within a month, make me your first date."

Na Hyun's eyes widened at the sudden suggestion. But Shownu was being serious, she could tell.

"Hyung...."

"Hear me out first. You said what you said and you can't take that back. But if you don't find someone to date within the next month, and not by force but naturally, make me your first. Because you and I both know that we won't ever regret it because we've known each other for so long. And if it doesn't work out, let's continue what we have now. I know you, Hyun-ah."

Shownu was just guessing throughout his speech, with sudden confidence, not knowing where it came from. In truth, he was still doubting but it was too late to back out now. With all this news about Jiwoo and seeing her with guys other than him drove him nuts. He couldn't take it anymore.

"I thi-"

Na Hyun was cut off by a loud bang,making her flinch unlike Shownu the robot, who stayed still. There lies the members near the entrance of the kitchen, Minhyuk, Wonho, and Jooheon on the floor groaning, Kihyun trying to keep his balance on top of them and Hyungwon and Changkyun unfazed by them, their arms crossed behind them.

Na Hyun left where she was and ran towards the boys on the ground who were still groaning. "Are you guys okay???" She asks in genuine concern as she helps Jooheon up first and then Minhyuk, Wonho helping himself up.

"Ah yeah... we just uh.. saw the uhm.. ICE CREAM!" Minhyuk covers and they all agree and nod. "Oh! Sorry about that, we got carried away." She apologizes as she walks towards the counter, distributing the other spoons.