Chapter 18 (The Right Decision)

7 beings gathered quiet and collectively within the grounds of a strange empty realm. Whispering amongst themselves, they sent small echoing conversations into the void. They were patiently waiting for an urgent meeting between them to begin. Their second eldest sibling, however, had yet to arrive. He was late, per usual.

The group held such meetings once every thousand years within the realm. Only they could connect to the world as concepts which offered a much needed private discussion between all the members of the group. Usually meeting in such a private way entailed that there was an urgent matter to discuss and all members of the Baal were required. The meetings were always announced by the most powerful being within the group which was Lucifer, the King of Light. He was their leader and guiding light for centuries, guiding each of his brothers at their time of creation. In a way, the age old light demon acted like a father to his siblings, passing his 'righteous judgement' onto their actions. He sought it as his duty. He took these things very seriously.

With a shinning purple glow, the final participant to the meeting arrived. Samael, the King of Time and Space. He bowed to his eldest brother, flashing a half hearted grin to the light demon, and apologized for his lateness. Something had come up. Lucifer couldn't help but hold back a sigh of frustration. His brothers tendency to be cruel and shamelessness was something he couldn't stand. Lucifer could even go as far as to say that he liked Samael the least out of his brothers.

"So," Samael began, now standing up from his bow. "What have we gathered to discuss, older brother? Been quite a while since you've called a meeting like this."

Lucifer shifted passing a glance to his other siblings. Little did Samael know but the meeting was called because of him. The Earth King, Amaimon, took it upon himself, seemingly out of spite, to 'tattle' on his older brother. He told Lucifer all about his brothers new mate and how she was human.

The fact she was human was most definitely a problem. The Baal members always looked down on courtships with such a lower being. Lucifer, in particular, thought that humans were specifically unworthy of such a thing. Even so, passing judgement on a courtship wasn't what they had all gathered for.

That was to do with Samael's assault against Amaimon because of this human. It wouldn't stand unnoticed by the elder sibling. He was rather particular about these things.

"We are here because of you, Samael. Amaimon has told me about your.....human." Lucifer started. Samael frowned now flashing a glare towards his younger brother. The earth demon flinched slightly but stood his ground standing confidently beside the elder light demon. Amaimon felt as though he had won a game with his older brother. He felt as though he had cornered him. Samael was outsmarted to his dismay.

"Well, I don't know what your talking about." Samael lied. Iblis, the King of Fire, scuffed from the sidelines. He to found Samael's behaviour absolutely disgusting. However unlike his eldest brother he showed it in more ways than one.

"Lies!" He shouted glowing a brighter red aura. "He lies to us. Look at him! He thinks we're stupid. Your nothing but a coward trying to hide this from us!"

Samael furrowed to the sound of his siblings voice. The Fire King glared at the older demon from where he stood. His burning hatred towards his older brother was obvious and the younger made it known to all of his brothers. Whether it was from jealousy or simple irritation towards Samael's personality, it always seemed to remain the same. Iblis's blood was always brought to a boil the minute the time demon was involved.

Samael thought it was an extremely tedious endeavour. It annoyed him to no end. It didn't seem that the time king could do anything to cool the hot heads rage. Samael could only attempt to push down his irritation as Iblis spoke his mind.