Chapter Nine ♪ May Twelfth (part1)

I woke up, my bed extremely warm and more comfortable than ever before. I absentmindedly turned over and saw a shirt on the floor. I sat upright, my heart thudding painfully in my chest, fear. I looked closer at it and then remembered, Jess was here. I took his shirt and slipped it over my own.

It smelled like him, it made me feel safe. I brushed my teeth and neatened my hair. Nothing really happened after our kiss, he just carried me to bed, tucked me in and held me close to his chest.

He made sure I was asleep first, and the thought of him being with me all night when I needed it, made my chest squeeze painfully. As I walked down the stairs I noticed a delicious familiar smell spread through the house. Chocolate centered mint muffins!!!

And I ran, only to come to a halt by the kitchen entrance to see a shirtless Jess pull out a tray of freshly baked muffins. And ladies, the sight was drool worthy. I watched his muscles twitch as he bent to grab the tray. His back muscles pulled and was on clear view. I knew that I wouldn't be able to hold back from him much longer.

He was humming along to a very retro song as he poked a muffin, checking if it was cooked. He gave a satisfied nod and switched off the oven. "Good morning." He greeted, not even looking back at me. It startled me to knwo that I had been caught staring.

"Morning." I squeaked out. He turned around and ushered me over, wrapping me in his arms.

"How did you sleep?" He asked, rubbing my back in soft slow circles. I felt my eyes close on its own record, I could have just died a happy woman right then.

"I slept good, thank you." He rested his chin on my head.

"No need to thank me Babe. Like I said, I will always be here for you. Always." I nodded, wrapping my arms around him tighter.

"I know." He kissed my head.

"Good, now let's get you something warm to drink. What will it be?" He asked as he walked away, well tried to, because I didn't let him go. He ended up walking backwards, dragging me along.

"Tea. Strong dark tea. Like my soul." I hummed out making him shake his head.

"You are just so beautiful in the mornings." I was rendered speechless, no one has ever said that to me. No one has ever cared for me so much. No one has ever been as sweet as him.

I inhaled a breath and didn't say anything, just letting us fall into a comfortable silence as I hopped up onto the counter.

"Here ya go." He handed the mug to me, making his way between my legs. I took a sip and hummed out.

"Is there anything you can't do?" I asked making him laugh.

"Have you thought about opening it?" he asked, bringing back that harsh topic. "I mean I could open it for you." He shrugged.

"No, I will have to do it by myself. Not now though. I just want my tea, my muffin and my boyfriend's cuddles." I said grabbing him by my free arm as I hugged him around the neck.

"Boyfriend, huh?" He teased making me hide my face. I felt him peel my hands away. "I like it." He kissed my nose.

"Let me get my coffee. Go put something on so we can watch." I nodded and rushed to the lounge. I placed my tea down in front of the box. Open it!!! My brain screamed in agony. But I just picked it up and placed it on the shelf. Out of sight, off my mind. When Jess came back he found me practically drooling over the TV screen.

I was watching Baby driver. Ansel Elgort though. Hot damn. Jess pouted and plopped down next to me. He concentrated on sipping his coffee, but something was bothering him. I knew that, and now instead of watching the screen I was watching him.