Chapter 26: Sabine asks Adrien for help

(In Rantala's lair)

Rantala: *Thinks* Hmm, now that Marinette has given Adrien the Miraculous, it is within my reach but it's too risky. Instead of getting it from Adrien, I'll do it myself with a little help from my spider. *Evil laughs*

(With Marinette, walking into the bakery)

Tom: *Rushes over to her* Marinette, we heard on the news there was a spider attack at the dance. Did you defeat it?

Marinette: *Sad* Yes. 

Sabine: Sweetheart, what's wrong?

Marinette: *Sighs* Nothing. *Walks upstairs*

Sabine: Did something happen? 

Tom: We better call Alya.

(The next day)

Marinette: *Asleep, hiding under the covers*

Sabine: *Knocking* Sweetie, can I talk to you for a moment?

Marinette: No.

Sabine: *Enters* Well, I'm still coming in. *Sees her hiding under the covers, climbs up the steps and sits on them* Alya told me what happened. Why are you giving up?

Marinette: *Comes out from under the covers* I told you, I don't wanna talk about it.

Sabine: But, Marinette. Something must've happened to make you quit fighting?

Marinette: You won't understand.

Sabine: Of course I will, honey. Why are you such a debbie downer lately?

Marinette: I don't want to talk about it. If you wanna know, ask Adrien. *Hides under the covers*

Sabine: *Sighs* Fine. *About to leave* I'm guessing you're not going to school today?

Marinette: Uh-huh.

Sabine: I'll only let you have today off. You're going back in tomorrow whether you like it or not. *Leaves*

Marinette: *Sits up, looks at the window above her, gets up and goes to her balcony and sits on her deck chair*

(At school, with Adrien, holding the earrings in his hand) 

Alya: *Walks up to him* Hey...

Adrien: *Doesn't look at her* Hey...

Alya: I told Marinette's mom what happened. She's going to try and talk to Marinette about this.

Adrien: What's the point? She's made her decision. If she doesn't want to be Ladybug anymore then that's her decision. I just don't know what to do with these.

Alya: Didn't you mention a guardian? He keeps all the Miraculouses?

Adrien: I haven't told him yet. I'm not going to tell him unless Marinette is 100% sure she doesn't want to be Ladybug.

(The bell rings)

Alya: I'll see you in class in a bit. *Pats his back and leaves*

Sabine: *Running in* Adrien!

Adrien: *Turns around, sees Sabine* Mrs Cheng? 

Sabine: Please, call me Sabine.

Adrien: Sabine, what are you doing here? And where's Marinette?

Sabine: She's not coming in. She's too depressed. She won't tell me why she gave up so she said to ask you.

Adrien: She gave up because she didn't want to see me hurt or herself as we're a couple.

Sabine: Did you tell her it'll be alright?

Adrien: Yes. She won't believe me.

Sabine: Maybe try talking to her again?

Adrien: Right now? I can't, I'm in school.

Sabine: Maybe later then?

Adrien: *Nods*

To be continued...