t r a c k 2 1

TWENTY-ONE

-

"Jisung calm down. His birthday is like a week away, chill."

"No, I CAN'T CHILL." Jisung was about to rip every piece of hair out of his scalp, because of how stressed he was at the moment.

It was precisely a week before Chenle's birthday, and sure enough, Jisung was freaking the fuck out. His brain was going overdrive at the amount of stress that was bestowed upon him. Jaemin just heaved a big sigh and passed over a cup of warm lemon balm tea to the strained male.

"Here, I heard lemon balm tea was good for stress relieving." Jisung gratefully took the cup full of the warm liquid, and downed its contents in a matter of minutes.

He placed the empty cup onto the counter and wiped the excess liquid away from his lips.

"That did not help one bit, it just makes me want to go pee." Jaemin just rolled his eyes at the young lad, as he ran into the bathroom.

The pink haired male shook his head slightly at Jisung's dismay. It was cute, he'd admit that. The young boy was really striving for the best for Chenle.

After Jisung was finished, he went straight back to facing back and forth while muttering incoherent words under his breath. If only Jaemin could show Chenle how much Jisung was worked up about his birthday.

"How about this; you, me, and the others except for Chenle, meet up secretly to discuss this matter. You'll be less stressed, and you're going to get things done faster. Sound good?" Jaemin suggested, whilst drinking out of his own cup of tea.

Jisung stopped in his pacing for a moment and thought about the idea. Deeming that it was quite a smart and decent idea, he agreed to it. That made Jaemin sigh in relief, thanking the gods for Jisung finally agreeing to an idea of his.

"You know, Chenle would be happy with anything right? As long as it's from you, he'd be the happiest dolphin in the whole wide world." The elder said.

"I know. It's just that; I want it to be special. It's his first birthday with me as his boyfriend instead of best friend." Jisung let out his millionth sigh that day as took a seat at the small dining table.

The male sunk into the seat, burying his head into his crossed arms that were placed on the table in front of him.

"What's the difference Jisung? You're still his best friend, but just a bit more romantic. Just do what you always do for his birthday." Jaemin pointed out, walking over to take a seat in front of the slumped down male.

"Yeah, I doubt he'd want me to pull some stupid prank, hyung."

"You want to do something romantic then?"

Jisung replied with a small hum of agreement, "Not only that, but I also want to show him that we're still the same old Chensung duo, y'know?"

"Then why not do the 'stupid prank' huh?"

"It just seems childish."

"You're a fucking zygote remember? Plus, it's something you always did for his birthday right? Just let that be the element of nostalgia, then just add on that bit on romance at the end." The elder suggested wisely.

"What do you mean by 'romance at the end'? We're still minors Nana-hyung."

"That's just you and you're dirty mind hon. I meant nothing of the sort." The elder retorted, flicking the younger male's head.

Jisung hissed at the contact and lifted his head to face Jaemin, "You didn't have to flick me! That hurts."

"Get Chenle to kiss it better then."

"Maybe I will." With that, he pulled out his phone and dialed Chenle's number via FaceTime.

Jaemin just looked at the latter in pure amusement, as he heard Chenle pick up.

"Hm? What is it Ji?" Chenle asked as he picked up.

"Nana-hyung hit me--"

"Because your boyfriend was being dirty minded!" Jaemin yelled out shamelessly, causing the younger male to blush furiously.

"I-I WASN'T!"

The green haired male let out a joyful laugh, seeing how Jisung's face was now a pink shade from embarrassment. But then again, he was a hormone filled teen so he understood if Jisung thought of whatever it was in a rather dirty way.

"Aye, is Jisungie growing up?" Chenle proceeded to tease.

Jisung just let out a weird noise, a mix of a wail and an aspirated groan, and let his head fall onto the table.

This was going to take a while.

-🐬-

After the phone call with Jisung, Chenle went back inside the library to continue studying on an upcoming exam. Midterms to be exact.

Since it was that time of the year, the school library was open all week, including weekends, till 10pm. So, Chenle was just there casually studying for his midterms like most of the students there.

With his earplugs in and playing his 'study playlist', he reviews formulas for geometry and algebra i, which were a pain in the ass but he needed to pass. He was so focused that he didn't notice someone taking a seat right in front of him.

Not until he raised his head to find a highlighter from his bag.

"Jieun."

"Lele."

"Don't call me that please."

"I heard some news going around surrounding you and that friend of yours, Jisung." She said, looking at him hoping that it wasn't true.

"So? What about it?" He asked back, still focused on highlighting important parts in his notes.

"They aren't...true...are they?"

Chenle stopped highlighting and averted his gaze to the female. She looked completely fine to him. Still slightly cakey makeup, curled locks, decently dressed, still looked like the old Jieun to him.

"And what if they are?" He inquired.

Jieun opened her mouth as if to say something, but ended up clamping it shut.

"Look, if you're just going to waste my time, then the exit is that way. It's not far, so--"

"No, I just hit a blank that's all. I just wanted to say congratulations." She said, and stood up but before she left, she blurted, "I'm sorry, again."

After that, she rushed out.

-🐥-

it's probs already 2019 for some of y'allsters, but it isn't for me yet sooo, can't wait to stay up all night and listen to my neighbors blowing up fireworks and killing my ears with music (bass boosted) :)))))