t r a c k 2 2

TWENTY-TWO

-

"DAAAADDDD!"

The middle aged man looked up from the novel he was reading, to see his son running over to him with a bright smile on his face.

"What is it Chenle?" He asked, raising a brow at his son's unnaturally bubbly state.

"I have news! I've actually been keeping this away from you for a bit, but I think I'm finally ready." Chenle took a deep breath in and he was about to blurt it out, but his father stopped him from doing so.

Intervening with his own assumption, "You and Jisung finally got together?"

"How-?"

"I'm your father, you think I didn't notice you two giving each other heart eyes every since y'all met?" He inquired, giving the young lad a sly smirk.

"Mean." The young male pouted and sat by his father, taking a peak at what his father was reading. "Milk and Honey?"

"Mhm, it's actually really good Chenle. They're just poems but they really hit straight close to home y'know." Chenle just nodded, processing his father's words.

"How's mom lately? I heard she was granted parole." He asked, voice more toned down.

"She's doing well Chenle. She really misses you, you know."

Chenle nodded in response to his father. He really missed his mom too. After she was pleaded guilty for illegal drug distribution, the young male's life was flipped upside-down. That was only when he was in his last year of middle school too.

Good thing Jisung was there to help him through that tough time of his.

"I miss her too dad."

-🐬-

"Mom! Dad! You're home!" Jisung cheered, running towards the front door to engulf the two of them in a big hug.

"Jisung!" The two said, gladly accepting their son's hug.

His parents were finally back from their business trip that lasted for about a month, and Jisung was glad to have them back. Finally, some family time.

"Jisung, do you know where the extra toilet paper is--? Oh, hi misses and mister Park!" Jaemin greeted casually, waving at the two adults who returned his greeting.

"Why hello there Jaemin! If you don't mind me asking, but, why are you here at such late hours honey? Isn't your mother worried about you?" Mrs.Park questioned, giving the boy a worried look.

"Eh heh, about that..." Jaemin rubbed his neck awkwardly, not knowing how to put his situation into comprehendible words.

"It's fine if Jaemin-hyung stays here for a while right? He's in a tough spot right now with his mom, and he can't really go home." Jisung summarized, giving his parents a desperate look.

"Sure, that's fine by us. Just remember to clean up after yourselves okay?" She reminded before her and her husband went into their rooms to do some unpacking.

"Okay, now that they're gone. Do you know where the toilet paper is? I feel disgusting." With that, Jisung went to get the extra toilet paper.

On his way to the laundry room, his phone buzzed signaling a message. He pulled out his phone, the corners of his mouth raising at the contact name.

💚MY LELE🐬

jisungieeeeeee

can you meet me at the park in ten?

sure, but i might be a little
late.

my parents just came home so i have to wait for them to fall asleep :(

ah okay!

just text me when you're on your way

k, see you and also love you! <3

l-love you t-too ji

did i just witness zhong chenle stutter in text?!

s-shUT UP >:(

i might've uwu'd out loud

-🐬-

After waiting for his parents and Jaemin to fall asleep, Jisung jumped out of bed and pulled on a hoodie whilst grabbing his phone while he was at it. He pulled the hood over his head and silently trudged down the stairs, pleading in his head that he won't make a noise.

Standing still for a quick second, he tried to listen for any movement upstairs. Seeing that the coast was clear, he exited the house successfully. Letting go a sigh of relief, he pulled out his phone from the pocket of his sweats and texted Chenle that he was on his way.

Getting a reply back almost immediately, he started walking through the dark and chilly night to meet his lover.

Silently, Jisung pondered on what Chenle wanted to talk about at such late hour.

And of course, the young lad had to think about the worst of the worst.

'Is he going to break up with me?'

'Does he have to move back to China?'

'Does he still like Jieun and was just dating me because he felt pity for me?'

The questions of possibilities kept coming like bullets to the chest. Then, through a span of ten minutes, Jisung had already drilled in his mind that this wasn't going to be anything good. That Chenle only brought him out here to end this relationship with him.

He bit his lip harshly as he stepped foot into the park where he was supposed to meet Chenle at, and already, his heart was pounding against his chest in fear.

With each step he took, he felt like he was walking towards his demise.

His eyes spotted the male he was meeting sitting on a bench, slightly shivering to himself as he was only in a thin jacket, a t-shirt, and sweats. As if on instinct, Jisung automatically ran towards the male and developed him in a warm hug.

Yes, negative thoughts about this meet up still roamed around in his head, but he couldn't resist the urge to surround the elder male in his warmth.

"Just how long did you wait out here Lele? You're frozen cold." Jisung muttered into the crook of Chenle's neck.

"It was only a few minutes." Chenle managed back.

"Don't lie Lele. I know you've been here longer than a few minutes."

Jisung only heard Chenle sigh then push the taller male off of him.

By the elder's actions, Jisung could already tell things weren't going to end well.

-🐥-

what a way to start off the new year :)