Chapter 9

Recap:

"It's a date." I reply smiling and return to my bowl of heaven.

First Date (Part 2)

I'm back in my room. Lexi told me she wanted to call her parents so I left her at her door. Now, I'm in my room waiting for my first date with Stefan. Well, actually waiting for my first date full stop.

Yeah, I know that sounds pretty pathetic doesn't it? 19 and never been on a date before. I've had numerous crushes, of course, but I was never really popular back home. I never had the courage to talk to any of them, so was just left to pine on the sidelines. I haven't had a boyfriend before. Actually, I have - I've had one - but I don't count him. He was a jerk. His name was Max and after just two days of asking me 'out', all he cared about was getting into my pants. We never went out as a couple nor did any couplely things, and I sure am glad I dumped his sorry ass just four days after our supposed relationship started.

Stefan though... This morning when we almost kissed... He was such a gentleman, constantly seeking my permission and didn't take advantage of me like he could have. I know I like Stefan. I'll admit to that-although I have no idea how he feels about me. I know he likes me, I think that's a given, but I'm not sure if he genuinely likes me in the romantic sense... I mean he did almost kiss me, but then I am in a competition for his heart. Maybe it's just part of the process for him; and how does he feel about the other girls?

That reminds me, I keep meaning to ask Lexi how she feels about him. She's in the competition too but seems determined to push us together. Hmmm.

I'm flattered that Stefan has asked me to be his first date, but the thought of him doing the same thing with the 49 other girls makes my heart clench. I banish the feeling though and refuse to admit I already have more than a little crush on him. Surely it's not been long enough? Surely!

➰➰➰

Lily and Courtney don't return to my room so I'm left to potter about by myself. I end up lying on my bed and reading a few pages of my book, before sitting up. I pick up Cuddles, my little white teddy and hug him in my lap. "So then Mr Cuddles. Just you and me hey?" I mutter, trying to and calm my racing nerves.

The door swings open and in strides Stefan looking as handsome as ever-even a little sexy. Oh stop it! "Mr Cuddles! Pleased to meet you! Aren't you a gorgeous one!" He calls out.

"Hey!" I protest. "Where are your manners?! It's rude not to knock! I could have been changing!" I stick my tongue out.

"Oh well... guess it's a good job you weren't; for you..." He smirks.

"And hey! It's rude to eavesdrop!" I whine more than a little embarrassed he heard me talking to my teddy bear. He laughs at me and offers a wide, lopsided smile to die for. I huff at him and stick my tongue out, again.

"Oh! There seems to be some mistake. I'm here to take a beautiful lady on a date. Hmmm, there doesn't seem to be one here... Let me know if you see her Mr Cuddles!"

"Ha ha. You're so funny."

"I know. But I guess you'll just have to do instead; are you ready?" I stand and place my bear back onto the bed.

"That depends. Am I lady enough for you?" I question with a raised eyebrow placing a hand on my hip.

He walks over to me and hesitates in front of me. Then he leans in and hugs me. I freeze for a second, a little taken aback, before returning his hug. I lean into his embrace and saviour the feeling.

"I think so." He whispers.

He pulls away and already I miss his arms around me and his warmth. Get a grip Rosaline! He looks at me intently and smiles. "Your hair looks beautiful." He murmurs into my hair. Although we're no longer hugging, he's standing in front of me, just centimetres away.