Prologue

Disclaimer:
This fic will have mention of abuse and strong language (swearing). I can not guarantee that anything medical related is 100% accurate.
Thank you! ❤️

I'll try my best with updating somewhat frequently and also not to include author notes in the beginning of a chapter.

Dedicated to the lovely deluxemendes_

..

She let out a soft exhale as her fingers poked at the bruise just under her eye. It was a mixture of blue slowly turning dark purple.

Her ribs were nearly identical.

Grasping the tube of concealer with shaking hands, Amelia took another breath. It was a moment that had to be very precise. She couldn't mess up and have someone figure out her secret.

He reminded her everyday.

Although there was a good portion of people that had begun to speculate things, yet she lied every time and has yet to be caught.

Oh, I'm just really clumsy.
No, nothing happened. I just slipped on some ice.

Each bruise or cut had a lie to cover it up.

Yet there was still those people who didn't believe her lies. Like her friends, her boss. Even the regular customers suspected things.

Oh yeah,
And the four main doctors that she worked at the hospital with.

They were the ones who never believed any lie she told.