Four

I must be the worst at updating. 😂
Also this chapter is trash just warning ya. It's also way shorter than the previous ones but oh well.

(FYI, I'm pretty sure I might've mixed up Amelia's job slightly. She still works in the hospital but it's more like she works in the ER helping the doctors and nurses out. (Not a nurse))
..

It didn't happen.

Instead I told him some elaborate story about how Jackson and I went on some romantic dinner and a movie date.

Which wasn't technically a complete lie. Only the fact that it had happened nearly two years ago, before he had changed.

Judging by his facial expression I knew he didn't believe me, but luckily didn't say anything about it. Instead thankfully opting for work related topics.

I expected him to walk away but he stayed exactly in the same spot, reviewing over patient charts. I attempted to make myself appear busy by maintaining my desk space.

"We're all going out for drinks tonight after our shifts, you should come."

I raised my eyebrow, "We?"

"The other guys and myself," he answered in an obvious tone, as if I should've automatically know who he's  about.

I was about to say yes without hesitation but decided against it when I was reminded of Jackson and his rules. He didn't want me going out with any of the guys, said they were 'bad news.' He didn't even like the fact that I worked with them practically every day.

Yet I also didn't want to make Ashton even more suspicious so I agreed to go. We didn't speak much after that due to him rushing off to a emergency page from the OR.

As soon as he left I laid my head on the desk, contemplating what I just got myself into, how I could explain this one to Jackson. There was always the possibility of me lying about who I was going with, yet there was also the chance of it backfiring.

I knew that I couldn't not show up because that would leave Ashton and the others to get more suspicious about things, which would of course involve more questions.

"What's the matter?" Luke asked coming up from behind me.

I scoffed, "Besides you practically scaring the life out of me? Nothing."

"Well it's a good thing I'm a doctor then, since I supposedly scared the life out of you," he joked. "Seriously what's wrong? You seemed stressed."

"I agreed to go out for drinks with you guys but now I'm regretting it-" "because of Jackson," he interrupted.

I turned around and glared at him, "This has nothing to do with him," I defended, watching as his hands went up in what looked surrender.

"Geez, don't understand why you get so defensive about him."

"Because I love him," I snarled, standing up ready to walk away from the situation.

"But does he love you?"

"Yes." Yet I wasn't sure who I was trying to convince more, myself or Luke.