Three

Really not sure how I feel about this new Wattpad update. What do you guys think?

Also I love that fact that I have a draft saved called 'for future chaps,' when I'm writing this book as I go. 😅

Don't really like how this chapter turned out but I really wanted to update for you guys, so oh well.

(P.s. I'll try and go back to proof read later so let me know about any mistakes)

..

I felt my eyes blink open adjusting to my surroundings, I realized I was on the floor. Judging by the lack of light coming from the window I knew it had now turned well past midnight, leaving me to wonder just how long I've been out for.

Glancing at the digital clock on the wall, it read 3:35 am.

At this point I knew Jackson was long gone like he always was. It happened every time he would hurt me. The same repetitive pattern.

Come home
Get damaged
Jackson leaves for the bar
Wake up
Cover the markings 
Go to work
Repeat

But yet at the same time I felt there was nothing I could do to escape either. No matter where nor what, he would always trap me.

Sitting myself up wasn't an easy task as my body practically screamed with every move I made, leaving me to wonder yet again. This time how bad it was.

Practically sobbing once I stood up. I slowly trembled down the hall and into the bathroom, nearly breaking down once I saw myself.

The reflection of this person before me was definitely not one I knew a year ago, before things changed. Before he changed.

That person was so much more happier yet this one before me was the complete opposite.

Broken.

I stared back at the reflection of myself in distaste, covered in bruises and blood. It looked horrifying.

Yet I knew it was my own damn fault.

Or at least that's what he told me.

Turning the knob for the shower on I began to strip from my clothes, almost gagging once I saw the rest of my bruised body. Stepping into shower I let the scorching water drip down my skin, almost as if I was attempting to cleanse myself all over again.

Rid myself from every mark he left.

Yet I knew that was impossible unless I could get away from him, which he'd never allow to happen.

All the more reason why I was trapped.

By the time I decided the showering was enough, it was ten minutes til' four o'clock. I knew there was no sleeping now when I had a shift at nine and sleeping anymore would most likely mess up my schedule entirely.

Not that I had one to begin with but still.

Stilling myself to listen for any sign of Jackson being home, which would be highly unlikely as he usually didn't come home from the bar until after six o'clock - well after they've closed. I lightly smiled once pure silence was heard, quickly dashing to my shared bedroom and shut the door with a switch of the lock.

I switched on the light noticing Jackson's stuff scattered everywhere. He never picked up after himself yet I was always the one taking the blame for it.

Finding some decent but comfortable form of clothing and dressing in them, I then set forward in covering the markings to the best of my ability.

It took just about two hours just for me to conceal all the visible ones, so by the time I finished it was time for me to leave again.

This is just another interpretation of my repetitive schedule involving Jackson.

Luckily I was able to calm down a huge bit during the drive. Trying to erase the events of last night that kept lingering in my head, but they were still there.

It took another moment for me to compose myself in the car, wanting to make it seem like I wasn't in some type of distress.

Finally walking into the locker room I greeted Michael, the top orthopedic surgeon here at the hospital. Whom I rarely saw due to his hectic schedule of surgeries, emergency or not.

Returning to my desk in the emergency bay, I noticed Ashton standing over near there. Leaving me to wonder if he was waiting on me to arrive or not.

"How was your night," he asked, glancing up from where he stood looking over a chart.

And for the first time I debated in telling him the truth.