One

Here's another one for you guys!

Again this book will contain strong mention of abuse in this book. So again please do read at your own risk.

I'm planning/hoping to have about twenty or so chapters with this book! (Fingers crossed 😂)

Also Congrats to Michael and Crystal on their engagement! ❤️

Amelia's Pov:

I held back the tears as he screamed at me over a dish being broke. Standing there waiting for it to happen.

In my belief it wasn't necessarily my fault as he purposely made me drop the dish, however, I knew if I said anything I'd have to pay the price.

So I normally kept quiet and accepted everything that I got.

Whether that included something as small as a dime sized bruise or several broken ribs.

Numerous times I had to go to the ER for most of my 'accidental injuries' and I had lied each one of those times.

I hoped people didn't suspect anything but they did. I was constantly question about each injury and how I got it.

But until I confessed, no one would do anything. Hopefully.

"Please I need to get to work," I begged, referring to my job as a front desk clerk at the local hospital. I basically directed phone calls and told people where to go if they were lost.

Because of my job, it was extremely difficult to hide the markings. Especially when you were pretty much surrounded by doctors.

However I was pretty great friends with four of them.

My only predicament was they suspected things the most. Were the ones who asked me so many questions.

They were the ones who took care of the majority of my injuries that weren't stable. Were also the ones who stitched up the six inch gash that was left from him.

They constantly pestered me about getting help, yet I wouldn't and couldn't. He says he's the best for me and nobody else was, nor ever could be.

"Jackson, please I'm already getting questions at work," I practically begged him to just stop for once.

Luckily something must've clicked for him as he reluctantly let her go, but not without a reminder of his threat.

If I hear word that someone has found out, there will be consequences for you.

Snatching my backpack off the floor, making sure my identification badge was in it, I left before he could changed his mind.

Because that has happened before.

I made it to the hospital with just two minutes to spare and greeted the woman who I'd be exchanging shifts with. Quickly dashing to the locker room so I could clock in and place a few things in my locker, noticing that Dr Hemmings (or Luke as he preferred to be called), was also in there.

"Morning Amelia," he spoke, adjusting the stethoscope that laid over his neck. I let out a shy smile and wave in response, then went about my business.

Returning back to my desk at the emergency floor, where I basically directed people where to go and answered phone calls.

"Hi Ash," I smiled, greeting the head trauma surgeon as he sat down next to me. He looked exhausted. "Busy day?"

"You could say that," he laughed. "How's Jackson doing?"

I gulped, clearly unsure how to answer that question. He was always very persistent when asking about Jackson, and I knew that it was because each contusion that was marked on my skin by him.

"He- he's good.."

A moment of silence ensued where I awkwardly moved my hair out of the way, however as soon as I did so, I felt fingers poking at the scratch left on my shoulder.

"You've got a deep laceration right here, it might need stitches."

I smiled politely, "That's okay Dr Irwin. I'm perfectly fine."

"At least let me check it out and clean it." Knowing that there wasn't a way to get out of this without any further questioning from all of the doctors, I reluctantly agreed.

Following him to an empty exam room I sat down in a nearby chair, watching as he slipped on a pair of gloves and grabbed a bottle of antiseptic with wipes.

"Well it doesn't look like it will need stitches after all, but I'll still clean it and bandage it up for you," he smiled, pouring the liquid onto a gauze pad.

Biting my lip when the initial sting happened, although it was nothing like the pain I endure from him.

A sigh of relief escaped my lips in he finished with the bandage, taping the end piece together.

I thanked him once more and left them room, just hoping that no one else would ask me questions today.

Yet I just knew that wasn't going to happen.

..
Is this making sense so far?