Two

Decided to update for you guys during my recovery.

This one is slightly shorter than the last, but I do hope it makes sense and you like it!

...

Surprisingly I wasn't bothered by the doctors anymore throughout the day except for anything strictly work related.

I believed I was out of the woods as I began to exchange shifts, but alas I wasn't as Dr Irwin, or Ashton, appeared yet again. Insisting he wanted to inspect my bandaging before I left, however I knew that wasn't the only reason he was here.

Because as soon as he readjusted my shirt, he brought up our earlier conversation.

"You know you can get away from this," he spoke, a sad expression laid on his face.

I awkwardly laughed, "Get away from what? There's nothing happening, Ashton. Promise."

With a huff and roll of the eyes, he pushed off the counter and down towards the hall. Allowing me to turn the opposite way towards the locker rooms.

Taking notice that no one else seemed to be in the room, I quickly dashed over to my locker practically yanking it open and grabbing myself.

"I heard you and Ashton," a voice behind me spoke. I screamed in surprise, nearly dropping my two bags in held in my arms.

Turning to see Calum seated on the bench with his phone in hand, I assumed it was either his break or his shift was over for the night.

"Nothing is happening. You all just need to stop worrying," I gritted out, slamming my locker in frustration and beginning to walk away.

I heard him chuckle, "If nothings happening then what's there to worry about?"

Leaving the room with tears threatening to fall, I sprinted to the parking garage, finding my car and getting inside. Allowing them to finally fall.

I didn't understand why it was so hard for me to leave Jackson, when I could clearly see what he did wasn't out of love. Yet there was still a part of me that would feel I guess detached if we were to split.

After all, I was consistently reminded that he was the only one for me.

Pulling out of the garage I felt more tears fall as my mind fell into a flurry of emotions. Wondering one thing after the other.

It wasn't long before the Bluetooth attachment of my car was going off with Jackson's ringtone. A picture of us appearing on the screen.

"Hi baby," he greeted, sounding surprisingly in a good mood.

I sniffled, "Hi J."

"Baby, what's wrong? Are you crying?"

Another awkward laugh escaped my lips. "I guess I just miss you is all." That was a combination of lying and telling the truth.

"Miss you too. When are you coming home to make dinner?"

Of course. That was the only reason he would be calling. It was never to see how I was doing or if I needed anything, but always the opposite.

"I'm on my way now," I replied, the chirpiness in my voice clearly fake.

"Great. See you then."

With that he hung up, no goodbye or I love you's were said from him; yet they usually never were.

I arrived home much faster than I anticipated to, that alone giving me an unnerving feeling. When I walked through the door I never knew what Jackson's mood could be like, regardless if he seemed chill on the phone, the stupidest thing could set him off.

Like this morning with the dish incident.

Turning the key out of the ignition I heard the engine power down, myself letting out a shaky breath in attempts to relax. My left hand clutching the handle of the door as my right reached for my bag. Soon stepping out of the vehicle and dashing towards the front door.

I couldn't be even a second late or it could result in aggravation from him.

"Hi J," I greeted, turning to see him in the kitchen, a beer held in his hand. This never resulted in good.

"You're late," he acknowledged, the vexation clearly heard in his voice.

He took another swig from the bottle and set it down before stumbling towards me, leaving me to wonder how much he had drank already.

"You don't love me anymore?" He questioned with a slur.

I blinked, "No, no. Of course I do Jackson, just got tied up at the hospital that's all."

"Probably messing around with those doctors."

I felt defeated.