Chapter 12

Shadowpaw jumped awake when a startled and scared yowl sliced through the morning air. Shadowpaw leaped to her paws, shaking moss from her fur and limped out of the medicine clearing to see Ivyleaf in the clearing, fur spiked up with terror.

Duskstar was at the medicine cats side instantly, "What happened?" He demanded, raising his tail to keep cats from crowding the she-cat.

Ivytail looked at the leader with wide eyes, "I-I was standing here, then suddenly I looked up to be at the gathering place, I looked around and the found became blood, then I saw the bodies, cats from all clans dead, sinking into the ground."

She paused for a breath before continuing shakily, Then looked up to see a cat, I couldn't tell who it was or whether it was a tom or she-cat, but the cat sat tall in the middle of the clearing, it had bodies all around it, and dark shadowy cats came into the clearing from the shadows, gathering behind the small cat, then it grinned and suddenly I was here again." The medicine cat looked as distraught as Duskstar from the news.

Ivyleaf straightened up, "StarClan's message was clear, a clan cat will destroy us all." A hushed whisper spread through the clan, and Duskstar stood, "We should try and find out who this cat is."

Shadowpaw narrowed her eyes, knowing that the cat in Ivyleaf's vision must have been her. Shadowpaw stood and meowed, "Maybe we should consult the other medicine cats first? What if they had the same dream?"

The cats' eyes turned on her, then to Duskstar, who blinked slowly, thinking hard.

"I agree with young Shadowpaw, Ivyleaf you should go to speak with the medicine cats of the other clans, bring an escort along with you though." Duskstar meowed.

Ivyleaf turned to Shadowpaw, "I don't need to much protection, but I'll take Shadowpaw along with me because it was her idea."

Duskstar dipped his head, motioning with his tail for the clan to continue their routine.

Shadowpaw felt a flicker of doubt now that the clan knew there was an evil cat about, but a more chilling question came to her: what if the evil cat wasn't her, but somebody even worse?

(That took a while XD I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, it's really short but the next one is long! Comment your comments XD <3 Jade)