Chapter 17

The dark trees loomed over Shadowpaw as she woke in the Dark Forest, the familiar peaty ground slimy under her paws. Shadeheart circled the small cat, thinking hard, "So your sure your ready?" He asked after what seemed like seasons.

Shadowpaw nodded, her fierce yellow eyes determined. Shadeheart held her gaze for a moment before meowing, "I will call the meeting, how will you address the cats?"

"I'll sit in the crowd of living and dead cats first, and then when the leader is being announced I'll stand and move to the top of the crooked branch." Shadowpaw answered, and he nodded slowly, "Very well death-bringer, I will gather the cats, they will come at once." Shadowpaw dipped her head, and sat, patiently waiting for her mentors return.

After a while of waiting, where Shadowpaw practiced a few battle moves to pass time, Shadeheart returned. "They are gathering as we speak, death-bringer." Shadowpaw grinned, sweeping her tail over his muzzle, "See you there then."

Shadowpaw padded toward the clearing, where a bare crooked branch, covered in dark moss, the bark stripped from the wood, cats gathered in the clearing, both living and non-living.

Shadowpaw stepped into the clearing, and recognized clan cats from the gatherings, from RiverClan there was Frogjump and Bluelight, along with Pebblepaw, who quietly murmured to eachother. She spotted Dogstrike, Kestrelpaw, and Rushwish from WindClan, who say talking with shadowy warriors from the dark forest.

Shadowpaw saw ThunderClan cats and bounded over to them, Sootcloud and Robinwing grinning as they greeted her.

Shadowpaw dipped her head to them, then padded to see more cats. She recognized Nightwolf and Jaywing from ShadowClan, who padded over to talk with Dogstrike and Frogjump.

"Shadowpaw! Your here too!" She turned to see the giant shape of Rotpaw, she smiled, "Wow so many clan cats!" He nodded and meowed, "I wonder who the leader will be."

Shadowpaw was going to say something, when a yowl split the air, "Dark Forest warriors and warriors in training, quiet so we may introduce our rightful leader!" Shadeheart's deep meow echoed around the clearing. The clan cats sat, mixed in with the Dark Forest ones, and a quiet excited whisper fell over the cats, who were eager to meet their leader.

Shadeheart stepped to the side of the branch, making room at the top. Shadowpaw shouldered Rotpaw with a mischievous wink, the tom tilted his head. Shadowpaw stood, and all the cats' eyes turned to her.

She expected to feel nervous, but even with all the eyes on her she felt confident. Shadowpaw heard Rotpaw gasp excitedly as she padded past the cats.

The clearing was eerily silent as she leaped lightly onto the branch. "You?! You couldn't possibly lead us! Your just a scrawny, tiny little kitten!" Shadowpaw narrowed her eyes at a large Dark Forest cat, his light gray pelt rippling as he stared defiantly at her.

The dark forest cats started laughing, along with some of the Clan cats, Rotpaw spitting angrily at the closest clan cat who was mocking her.

Shadowpaw didn't say a word, she just calmly padded up to the cat that started the mocking. She looked into his defiant eyes, and lightning fast, so fast the other cats say they saw nothing but the tiniest blur of motion.

The defiant toms face lit up with surprise, and he let out a deep gurgling sound, blood soaking his chest and flowing down his neck.

Shadowpaw stared at him as he fell to the ground, fading into nothing. Silence filled the clearing, until Rotpaw stood, "Shadowpaw! Shadowpaw!" He cheered, and the other cats stood, joining in with him, cheering for their dark leader.

Shadowpaw raised her meow, "I am Shadowpaw of ThunderClan, and I am the death-bringer, I am your leader!" The cats cheered louder, and Shadowpaw grinned darkly, her eyes flashing with malicious triumph as she looked at her new allies.

(Dun dun duuuuuuun! Wow that's short I know but intense, so there's that chapter, so comment your thoughts of this short chapter, lemme know what you think of this next step for Shadowpaw! Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter <3 Jade)