My Headache

I woke up and winced at my headache. I closed my eyes and snuggled back into my bed. I opened my eyes and realized I'm not even in my room. I jumped up in a fright and wondered where the hell I was. The bedroom was extremely huge, it had a flat screen tv with a black leather couch. In the corner was a book shelf and a one seater black leather chair. There was a dark wooden dresser and beautiful paintings hung up.

I heard someone slowly walking up the stairs and I began to panic. My body was shaking with fear about who the person was that took me from the party. I just hoped that they were not a murder, or, oh god, one of the drunk guys from the party. The more I thought about it the more I get a headache. I really needed some aspirin.

The door flung open revealing James. I sighed in relief knowing that it was just him. He walked over to me and felt my forehead. I looked at him as he puts a cold cloth on my forehead. I didn't get why he did since I'm not feeling hot or anything.

"How are you feeling?" He questioned with a serious expression on his face.

"I'm tired, I need some aspirin and my head hurts. Oh my did Emma -" I stopped once I realized I forgot all about her.

"She's fine, Zen took her home last night."

I sighed in relief yet again, I didn't know what I'd do if I left Emma alone at the party not having any ride to go home. Images of last night flashed through my head and I remembered having vodka shots over and over again, then getting into a fight with Cynthia.

"I think I may have got a little drunk last night," I remembered.

"A little? You punched Cynthia in the face and wrestled each other on the floor! You're lucky I caught you before you fell on the floor or else you would've been passed out on the damn floor!" He yelled at me.

My mouth opened in shock at his tone. I felt a bit hurt that James was yelling at me when his own girl slapped me in the face.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled and lowered my eyes.

James sighed and ran his fingers through his hair,"No I'm sorry, I shouldn't have raised my voice like that at you."

"Did I do anything bad last night?" I asked him feeling nervous of his answer.

"Other than fighting Cynthia nothing really, but you did try to kiss me," he answered.

"Only because I was drunk," I argued.

"Well let's get you something to eat and I'll show you around," he told me.

I got up from his bed and looked down at myself to see that I still had on my red dress from last night. I looked up to see James lick his lips as he observed my body.

"I forgot to tell you, you looked gorgeous last night," he complimented me.

Instead of saying a rude comment I felt my cheeks get hot. Great I'm blushing at his compliment that he said to about hundreds of girls before. I grabbed my purse on his dresser and walked past him to go into his bathroom. Even his bathroom was huge. It had a wide mirror with 2 sinks, a toilet, a glass shower, and a tub. I opened my black purse and took out my black rubber band then put my hair into a messy bun.

I washed off the makeup off of my face from yesterday. Instead of putting on makeup that was in my bag I chose to leave my face natural. I walked out the bathroom to see James shirtless trying to look for a shirt. My jaw dropped once I saw James' six pack. Who knew he had a six pack? I snapped myself out of it before he caught me staring at him shirtless. He would've teased me about it forever.

"Why don't you live in an apartment like the rest of us?" I questioned.

"My parents had the money and so they bought me a penthouse to live in."

"Lucky," I muttered.

"If you want," he began as I looked at him.

"You can stay here but of course you have to sleep in my bed," he smirked.

I rolled my eyes,"You wish."

James put on a white tee while I looked down at my dress. Although the dress was pretty and all, all I wanted was to not be in it anymore. James must've noticed me standing uncomfortable and opened his draw. He handed me dark grey sweatpants and a black top with black socks. I took them from his hands and went to go change in his bathroom. Once I was done I walked out to see James on his phone.

He looked up from his phone,"Are you ready?"

I nodded my head and followed him out of his room and down the stairs. James' penthouse was absolutely breathtaking. He had a library, a dance studio, a workout room, and even his own movie theatre room. We stopped at his art studio and I stared at it in amazement. There were canvases, paintings, and pictures all around.

"Did you paint these?" I questioned as I continued to stare at the paintings before me.

"Yes I painted these. I loved painting for fun. My little sister, Brooklyn always told me to paint for her but I didn't know how to. I used to practice all the time to improve then I just fell in love with it. But my heart will always belong to dance," he explained.

"Well don't stop, they're amazing," I said with a smile on my face.

"Let's watch a movie and I'll make some popcorn."

I nodded my head and we walked into the movie room. James let me pick whatever movies I wanted to watch while he went to the kitchen to make us some popcorn and drinks. I scanned through the movie selection and picked out Pitch Perfect and Deadpool. I set up Deadpool to watch first then took a seat. James walked in and handed me a popcorn bag and a drink.

"What movies are we watching?" He asked once he took a seat beside me.

"Deadpool 2 first then Pitch Perfect 3," I told him.

Deadpool 2 began and throughout the movie we couldn't stop laughing. Deadpool was a hilarious character. Once the movie was over I switched it to Pitch perfect. Sadly the popcorn and my drink was finished. During the movie James put his arm around my shoulder and I snuggled into him with my head laying on his chest.

Pitch Perfect finally finished and I looked up to see James peacefully sleeping. I then closed my eyes and drifted off into a deep sleep. I dreamed about the first day of high school and seeing James for the first time. To be honest back in high school I used to have a tiny crush on James. Obviously he didn't know, no one knew, not even Emma. But once I saw what he did to girls my feelings for him faded and I began to hate him. But for the first time I'm seeing the real James, the James before I saw before his player self.

The lights flicked on and I squinted at the sudden brightness. I slowly opened my eyes and saw a woman standing by the door. I looked up at James and saw that he was wide awake. He looked down at me then back up at the woman.

"Mom," James said, surprised.