Juilliard

Fuck, I cursed in my head. I didn't bother to open my eyes because that would mean I'm fully awake and I didn't want to be awake. As I kept my eyes close I realize that there was a problem: I woke up before my alarm clock went off. Don't you just hate it when you do that? I rolled over on my side and closed my eyes trying to get in, maybe about 3 minutes more of sleep.

"Beep, beep, beep!"

I let out a loud manly groan, kicked my blanket off my body, and stumbled out of my bed. Today I'm finally moving to New York City to make my dream come true as a professional dancer. Two weeks ago I got accepted into Juilliard. When I opened up the mail I was so excited that I almost fainted. Along side of getting accepted, since I turned 18, my mother said it would be a good idea to move away from Connecticut.

"Stella, dear, come down for your breakfast!" My mom yelled.

"Coming!" I yelled back.

I went into my bathroom, brushed my teeth, curled my dark brown hair, and applied some make up. I came out of the bathroom and changed into black tights, a grey top, a black leather jacket over it, and black sneakers. I wasn't really trying to dress up since I had a long day ahead. I went downstairs into the kitchen to see my mom cooking scrambled eggs and bacon. It was weird seeing my mom cook because usually she'd be in bed.

"Why are you cooking food?" I curiously asked.

I mean, I didn't have a problem because it's free food and free food is something we should take for granted for, but I really wasn't used to seeing her cook.

"Your father has gone to work and I thought you be hungry, so I made you breakfast," she answered and served me a plate.

I grabbed the plate of food, a glass of orange juice and began eating the eggs and bacon. After I finished my food my mom and I got my two red suitcases from my bedroom and packed it into the car. My mom got into the driver's seat while I took shot gun. The ride was a two hour ride so I got comfortable and felt myself fall asleep.

I felt someone shaking my body. Opening my eyes, I realized I was still in the car. I looked around to see that I've arrived at Juilliard. I stared at the school in awe. I felt as if I was dreaming. I opened the car door and helped my mom take out my suitcases. I noticed her eyes drip with tears and I frowned. I pulled her into a hug and soothed out her back.

"Mom, don't cry I will call you everyday and visit you once in a while," I comforted her.

"I'm not sad because your leaving, I'm sad because you're growing up without me and your father," she admitted.

My mom and I hug for a few minutes. A single tear slid down from my eyes, followed by another one, and another one, until soon, a steady stream of salty tears flowed it's way down my pale cheek, releasing the sadness and sorrow that has been held inside of me for all this time. But still I did not make a sound. Shortly after, my mom and I said goodbye to each other.

I grabbed my two suitcases and began to walk through the campus of Juilliard. I saw a ton of people either reading books on the ground, skateboarding, coming in with their suitcases, or saying goodbye to their families.

I went to the information centre and grabbed a brochure so I could find a map to take me to my apartment. I opened the map and located where my apartment is. I grabbed my suitcase and walked to my apartment. The walk was about a 15 minute walk which isn't too bad.

I opened my bag to find the keys and opened the door. I walked straight into the living room. It had a wooden floor, beige couch, black book shelf, and a flat screen tv. I walked into the kitchen and saw a granite counter with matching colour cabinets. All of the appliances were silver, which I liked because some of the other apartment rooms didn't have.

I opened the two doors to my bedroom and looked around in amazement. My bedroom had a wooden floor, queen sized bed, flatscreen tv, walk in closet, and a big bathroom. I felt my phone buzz in my jacket pocket and saw a text from my best friend, Emma.

Em: Omg Culinary school is amazing, obviously not more amazing than you. I miss you Stels. How is Juilliard?

Me: I'm glad! Juilliard is absolutely breathtaking. I miss you too Em :(

Em: We will reunite soon dw

Me: We better or I'm dragging you here

Em: You're so nice

Me: I try :)

I charged my phone and changed out of my clothes. I opened my suitcase and changed into a pair of grey tights and a black tank top to wear to sleep. I began to unpack my suitcase and put them in my drawer and closet. Once I'm done I checked the time to see 11:30pm. I threw my hair into a messy bun and rubbed off all of my makeup.

Em: I didn't tell you this but my culinary school is in New York

I picked up my phone from my nightstand table and read the text Emma sent me. I instantly replied back to her.

Me: You bitch!

Em: I know I'm sorry but I wanted it to be a surprise

Me: Surprise my ass

Em: Language

Me: We better meet up ASAP

Em: We will

I then called my dad because I haven't seen him much today. I didn't get to give him a proper goodbye since he was out the door by the time I woke up. If I had to describe my dad in one word, I would say that he was a workaholic. He was always working and I didn't mind since he does a lot to take care of my mom and I. Sometimes I just wished I could have more daughter-father time with him. I put down my phone, got under my covers and fell asleep with the thought of Juilliard on my mind.