Date Night

"Coming!" I shouted as the doorbell rang.

I quickly put on my black trench coat and grabbed my purse, putting it on my shoulder. I opened the door to reveal Dylan holding a bouquet of flowers. A small smile appeared on my lips as I stared at the flowers. My eyes slowly moved up to his face to see him smiling down at me. His smile let alone sent my brain into a fuzzy.

He handed me the flowers,"Thank you for the flowers, they're beautiful."

"You're welcome."

I grabbed the flowers from his hand and put them in a vase of water. The flowers consisted of daises, roses, and sunflowers. The vase that my mom gifted me was beautiful in its simplicity, just as a canvas is simply there to hold the art so lovingly applied, it allowed the flowers to take centre stage. They were so bold in the room, and were all more wonderful for it.

"You look breathtaking tonight," he complimented.

I was dressed in a baggy grey turtle neck that was made out of wool. It was tucked into black jeans, and on my feet are black leather boots. I decided to go for a more natural look with nude lipstick on my lips and my hair down straight.

"Thank you and you don't look bad yourself," I complimented back as I felt the heat growing on my cheeks.

Dylan was wearing a fitted white long sleeve with black jeans and white shoes. His messy hair, dark and lustrous, had a sheen like fine hardwood. The comparison didn't sound entirely fair since hardwood doesn't swish gently like his hair does. Overall Dylan looked handsome, from the depths of his eyes to the gentle expressions of his voice.

"Well let's go, don't want to be late," he said as I put my hand into his.

We left my apartment and as we walked to his car, I felt the cold breeze blew right through my sweater and onto my face. The wind was blowing in every direction, I couldn't see because my hair kept getting into my face no matter how many times I brushed it away. Dylan led me to the front passenger seat and opened the door for me. Once I entered the car I felt a bit warmer and fixed my hair. Dylan went to the driver's seat, turned on the engine, and exited the street.

I glanced at Dylan,"So where are we going?"

"It's a surprise," he grinned.

"It better not involve fish," I cringed, remembering our first date.

He chuckled,"Don't worry, it'll be nothing like that."

I sighed in relief,"Good."

Dylan turned on the radio, a soft tune echoed throughout the car. I looked out the window and watched as we passed by cars and stores. I sharply turned my head as Dylan took his free hand into mine. They felt like sandpaper or perhaps stone, rough and unfinished. It suited him, I thought to myself as I looked at his face, cheeks reddening. His hands were warm in mine as he brought them to up to his lips, my nerves tingled at the harsh comfort of contact.

He glanced at me with a bright smile on his face which made me melt. He made a left turn and drove around the parking lot to find a parking spot in a few seconds. He parked the car and got out, jogging to my side to open my door. I stepped out and looked around the unfamiliar place. Some people were coming out of there cars and walking to the big building. Dylan's hand slipped into mine and I looked up at him.

"Where are we?" I wondered.

He grinned,"You'll soon see."

We walked up to a booth that was outside the building. We approached a young man who was inside the booth. I watched as Dylan took two tickets out of his pockets and handed it to the young man. He ripped off a piece of the ticket and handed the ticket back to Dylan. We then walked through the entrance of the theatre and went to our seats. Our seats were on the top balcony which allowed us to see everything.