eight

It feels like I've been walking for ten thousand hours, years even.

Dramatic I know, but if you could feel the aching pain that is in my legs and feet you would be dying too.

I've walked past numerous houses that I've never seen before and a few cute little coffee shops.

It's definitely been a good few hours since I had left school as the already cool air begins to get even colder and the sun has slowly decided to set.

I keep following the same path for another ten minutes until I come to a very surprising place.

The park bench.

Yep that park bench. The one I met Ryder at, the first place I had been since I had ran away from home.

Home.

It was such an awful place yet I still consider it my home. Is that messed up?

But how can it be messed up when all I can think about are the many great memories there.

Like when I first learnt how to ride a bike or even the time I fell down the stairs because I was so excited for Christmas which resulted in a hospital trip as I had managed to break my arm and how could I for get about the memories of my parents being happily In love.

'Why did you have to go.' I think to myself as I feel something wet on my face.

Tears explode from my eyes. I sit down on the bench and hold my head in my hands.

Then I feel little wet droplets start to fall and saturate my body.

Can this day get any worse?

As it's pretty much dark and raining heavily, I'm still sat at the park bench. My once warm hoodie is now just a cold, wet bit of material.

You must be thinking, why didn't she just go to Ryder's or call him?

A, I can't remember how to get there and B, I don't have a phone.

I sit there starting to shiver when all of a sudden a car pulls up on the side of the road.

"Flo?!" A familiar voice calls out to me.

Alex.

He gets out of a car I've never seen before and comes closer to me.

"Flo! I finally found you!" He said as he ran through the rain and stood in front of me.

"They didn't think I would find you first, they all bet that Ryder would find you first or maze even." He said happily.

"But I did! That'll show them." He said proudly.

"Hey what's wrong?" He asks me looking at my probably red and puffy eyes.

"I'm just cold." I say shivering from the crisp air and my damp clothes.

"Oh shit yeah. Come on get in the car It'll warm you up." He says extending his hand out to help me up.

I take it and let him pull me over to his car. I get into the passenger seat and I'm instantly hit by the warm air.

"Sorry if I get your seats wet." I say quietly as he starts the car and drives off.

"Don't worry about it." He smiles and then it goes away forming into a sad and confused.

"You never came to the cafeteria. I thought I annoyed but then I heard what happened with jade." He said sadly, driving through the gates to Ryder's neighbourhood.