twenty-six

The intruder yanked the blanket from my tight grasp, exposing my trembling figure curled up on the couch. It was dark in the apartment I could hardly see anything let alone the persons face, I had to protect to myself so I didn't waste a second on smacking the unidentified human with the tv remote that was in my hands.

"Ouch." yelled the voice.

"Stop." it said as I kept slamming the remote into them.

"Fuck Flo stop it!" Yelled a familiar voice.

"Ry-Ryder?" I asked as I stopped hitting him.

"The one and only." He said as he most likely had an evil smirk plastered to his face.

"w-what are you doing here?" I asked confused.

"How did you know I was here?" I asked bombarding him with questions.

"Well one, I'm here because I need to talk to you... Back at home and two, Will told me." stepping closer to me.

What the heck? Will pinky promised me he wouldn't tell.

"I'm not going back." I said sternly but it was hard to take seriously as I had a sleepy voice.

"You have to." He said quietly trying not to wake up Alex and Will.

"No, I don't." I said folding my arms.

"You do, like I said, I need to talk to you it's important." he said softly.

"Can't it wait till morning its really late." I said giving in.

"Fine but we are going as soon as we wake up." He said sternly walking over to the other end of the couch and plopping down making himself comfortable.

I rolled my eyes as I grabbed my blanket from the polished wooden floor and got myself comfortable where I had originally been curled up on the other side of the couch from Ryder.

I tossed and turned for a few minutes I couldn't fall asleep, I wanted to know what Ryder wanted to talk to me about, apart of me wanted to wake him up and tell him we can go back to his house but the other half of me was stubborn, how could I go back to the house of a gang leader? A killer? A dangerous person that could easily kill me with his bare hands?

But I guess I would have to wait until tomorrow.

***

Thump

"Arghhh fuck."

Thump

I popped my eyes open as fast as lightening. I was met with Alex holding a frying pan about to swing it at something on the other end of the couch.

Is this real? Am I dreaming?

I rubbed my eyes not believing what I was seeing but it was in fact real and the thing at the other end of the couch was, Ryder, hiding under a blanket as Alex hit him again.

"What are you doing in my apartment?!" He yelled, not realizing it was Ryder.

"It's me!" Ryder yelled out.

"Are you coming to hurt Flo?!" He yelled.

"No Alex it's me Ry-" He says but gets cut off by another smack from the metal frying pan.

"How do you know my name? Are you coming to steal my duck because I swear-" he said but I cut him off.

"Alex calm down, it's just Ryder." I said pulling the blanket off of Ryder's body, revealing his bare chest and sweatpants.

"Wait what? Why didn't you say anything?" He asked as if he didn't just hit his best friend numerous times with a pan.

"I tried to but you kept cutting me off and hitting me, fucking Rapunzel that shit hurt now I know what Flynn Rider felt." He said rubbing his back and referring to the movie tangled.