Murder. She said

"Look.

I don't know what to tell you. Or exactly how much of it. But I know Nick Hammond, and he had nothing to do with it.

Okay?

He wasn't even meant to be there "

The young looking girl exhaled, watching as the woman sat across the table regarded her with scrutinizing contempt, the overly pulled-back updo she sported attracting her young eyes the most. She barely refrained from giving her style advice a minute ago afraid it won't end in her favor.

After seconds of contemplation the walking tragic for a redhead answered with evident annoyance to her tone. "I understand, now if you please state ya name for the record"

The girl nodded a slight frown creasing her lips "My name is Katrina Wolfe"

"Alright Katrina, why are you here?"

"Aa, I told you"

"Tell me again" she gestured at the blinking camera hanged on the top corner. Katrina, puffing her chest repeated with more confidence in her voice.

"It's for my statement. I- I'm giving a statement. I believe I am a witness of not one but multiple crimes"

"What sort of crimes, please specify"

"I mean they vary, but that's not the point. The point is that incident you're so torn about. That happened last night.... I know all about it. Not to mention the bodies that lead up to it "

"what bodies?"

Katrina swallowed, her throat feeling dry
"I told you they were multiple. The crimes?".

"You say there are other dead bodies that haven't been located yet?" Katrina nodded.

"We haven't found any bodies, Are any of the victims someone you know?"

"Yeah, not well enough though"

"And where did you say that happened?"

"Emphasis on the multiple. No where specific really, I bet they were moved. The bodies?"

"Do you think you know where to?"

"That's your job to find out, not mine"

The detective sighed "Okay, give me the names of the alleged victims"

"Totally not alleged, I'm telling you what I had seen with my eyes"

"Here's a note. Write down everything you know emphasis on the multiple"

Katrina followed the notebook's trek as it slid between her hands, the blue Pen followed suit but still she wasn't willing enough to give the detective across from her what she needed.

"I need some reassurances first" she stated lifting her gaze from the empty paper. Her eyes fearful, and throat bobbing.

The detective regarded her for the second time, a tiny mocking smile hovering over her lips. She was mocking her. Katrina thought. The nerve of that woman.

"Over what exactly?"

"Nick" she announced.

"What about Nick ?"

"And myself-
Well obviously! He's not the one you're after.

I know who that is."

"You got me a bit confused there dear, you say you saw people get killed and Nick Hammond wasn't who killed them?"

"Yes. No! I'm saying I'll hand you another criminal. On a silver platter no less, in exchange for Nick"

"But you say he's innocent"

"He is! But I can't prove that now can I? So how about I give you a bigger fish to fry?"

"And who would that be?"

"You know I can't tell you" Katrina smiled sheepishly. Crossing and uncrossing her arms "Not until you.. you know. Assure me..."

"I don't know about this Katrina. I don't think you have me convinced. If you have witnessed a criminal act and said nothing I could arrest you for it"

"Yeah sure, but what criminal act if the perps are nowhere near and the victims aren't even missing?"

"Exactly."

"You're gonna have to take my word for it"

The detective moved to grab her notebook, attempting to leave.

"I'm afraid your word dear means nothing to me"

"Hey! you can't do this. I'm telling you I've seen people get killed!" Katrina was agitated by then, she hated nothing more than being ignored or disbelieved. The detective lady was definitely getting under her nerves.

"Who?!" She received a yell in return. Katrina gulped her surprise maintaining a strong visage.

"I can't say"

The detective banged her hands on the table sending Katrina's left eye twitching.

"By whom?!"

"I can't say either." She contemplated telling but thought out of it quickly. Nick needed her she concluded.

"Right... and what's that about Nick Hammond you say?"

"He's innocent"

"With all the evidence we got against him?"

"It's bullshit"

"Doesn't look like it"

"I can prove it"