Hand in Hand (Chrono x Childish!Reader)

It was a nice frozen day today so you and some friends went to the lake to do some skating.

Chrono and his teammates already went ahead onto the frozen lake with him stumbling over a couple of times making you all laugh.

You tied up the shoelaces on your skates, looking over the others who were already skating making you let out a nervous sigh.

"Oi, Y/N" an all to familiar red head called out to you. "Aren't you gonna join us?" Chrono says as you panicked slightly.

"O-oh! I um- I'll be right there!" You stood up and slowly made your way to the lake letting out a long breath and getting yourself onto the frozen water.

"Kyah!" You almost fell backwards as you suddenly lost balance.

"Watch out!"

Chrono rushed over to you catching you on time, wrapping his arm around you, his hand firmly gripping onto your waist.

"T-thanks Chrono" you sighed in relief. He smiles at you helping you back up on your heels. "It's no worries. Good thing I caught you on time" he says.

"Hehe" you nervously laughed. "I think im gonna skip this one out" you sighed. The male looked at you a bit surprised, you never missed a chance on having fun before.

"Why's that? Don't you know how to skate?" He bluntly asked making you flush red in embarrassment. You nodded.

"..y-yeah" you shyly reply. Chrono nods, understanding your delema.

"Come on" he grins holding both your hands guiding you. "I'll teach you!" He skated backwards letting you skate along with him. "Just don't let go, okay?" You nodded.

After a few minutes of him teaching you, he lets you as he let's you skate on your own.

"Chrono, look! I'm doing it!" You cheered as you skated with no worries, gliding happily across the frozen lake.

Chrono looks at your smiling face, making his cheeks suddenly flare up. Seeing you gracefully skate with your flowing back against the wind, your smile making the butterflies in his stomach flutter.

Kamui noticed his 'student' staring at you and snickered. "I guess Chrono finally realized how he feels for her," he mutters skating away.

You skated back to Chrono, a goofy grin plastered on your face. "Thank you so much, Chrono!" You say as you held his hand. The generation master turned red even more, panicking a bit.

"Y-your welcome! It was no big deal anyways.." he kept on muttering to himself as he slowly backed away trying to increase the gap between you two as he was too embarrassed when he felt your warm hands on his own.

As he did so, he fell backwards and landed on his bum making you rush over to him.

"C-chrono! Are you okay?" You held out your hand trying to help him out. The swirly haired male laughed nervously and took your hand hoisting himself up with your help.

"Y-yeah, I'm alright" he scratched the back of his head, embarrassed on what had just happened. "Here", you clutched his hand tightly with yours and gave him an innocent smile. "Now if we fall, we'll both do it together!" You giggled.

His face flared up even more, mentally screaming inside. "Here we go~!" You started to skate again dragging him along with you, cutting him off his thoughts.

Chrono couldn't help but smile at your childish behavior and just rolled with it. 'I guess I'll just have to enjoy this', he thought as you both continued skating together, hand in hand.

A/N:  ohohohoho! Meri Kurisumasuuuu! Have this red-bean Chrono as a gift! Hope you guys are enjoying the holidays ♡