(Thirteen: Stormy nights)

Seths pov.

Oh how much I hated the rain. Don't think of me as a wimp..my ears..are just sensitive.

I gripped onto my blanket even harder than before and bit my lip, which at the moment could probably draw blood. No matter how hard I tried to go back to sleep, I couldn't. I was nineteen for crying out loud and I was in university, yet, I was afraid of the harmless yet very scary substance.

This is so fucking embarrassing.

It didn't help that I couldn't control the now mild but loud whimpers that rolled off my tongue and into the air, going through the thin walls of my shared apartment.

God, when Dean finds out about my disliking towards the rain, he'll never drop the situation. Ever. That's how annoying he is..but unfortunately(kinda)that's what I loved about him.

He doesn't take many things seriously, so when he scares away my bullies(yes, there are way more bullies at university)he brushes off all the profanities and threats that are being thrown his way, only for him to make sure the kid(me)Isn't too caught up in the ruckus.

Did that make sense? Didn't think so.

I stared out of my opened window, hearing the rain get heavier and heavier by the second. The roaring thunder blasts throughout the apartment and I hide underneath my blanket.

A quick flash of light sends me into a small fit of squeals and I shuffle around in my bed. Los Angeles is meant to be sunny and fine. Looks like mother nature has finally had enough of something and is torturing me with all these damn predicaments. Another few rounds of thunder and lightning go by so slow that I finally give in and throw my blanket off of me. Fuck it.

He can tease me all he wants, I am not standing another minute by myself. My feet hit the cold floor and I run to my door, since I didn't have enough guts to close my windows, this is what happens.

Here I go, walking rather fast through the hallway. I gently knock on the door and when I get no response I whisper.

"Dean? Are you asleep?." I knock even louder until, eventually, I hear him groan and I stop, waiting patiently for him to say something, anything.

"Seth?." His hoarse voice finally rings through my ears and I smile a little. The smile immediately being wiped off my face when the thunder is suddenly louder than before. "Can..can I come in, please?."

"It's open." He replies. I open his door and close it behind me, he reaches out to his bedside lamp and turns it on, groaning a little as he adjusts to the light.

"What's up?." He asks. My cheeks burn a bright shade of pink and luckily, the side of the room that I was standing at, was dark. "I-It's sort of a long story." He coughs a little, clearing his throat.

"Make it short."

"Well.." I start, shifting my weight from one foot to the other and now I wished I had stayed in my room because I had absolutely no idea how I was going to get out of this one. I could already see it.

'Headline: Nineteen-year-old university student Seth Rollins, is indeed afraid of the incoming winter season, more input on our website'.

"I'm waiting." He interrupts my thoughts. "o-oh right. Um."

"I can't sleep..like I really can't sleep at the moment. e-everything, oh god...The heavy rain and thunder are too much for me." Embarrassed, I looked at anything but him.

"What're you trying to say. Also come forward a little, it feels like I'm talking to Casper." I do as he says, and take a few steps forwards, re-gaining my steady breathing. "I'm..oh my god. I can't believe I'm doing this." I facepalm myself.

"Jesus Seth, just tell me what's wrong-."

"I'm afraid of the rain! Okay?! I can't deal with storms." I say all in one breath, obviously embarrassed as hell. Oh, and did I tell you that I was embarrassed? Me neither.

He grins a little, a small giggle leaving his lips. This was by far, the stupidest thing I've ever done. "You want to sleep with me?." And his grin drops as I stay quiet, an unreadable expression plastered across my face.

He then proceeds to move to the left a bit, opening up his blanket. "C'mere." He says softly. It takes me a while to realize what's going on and I walk over to him, getting comfortable in his opened arms.

He was shirtless with only sweatpants on, and I could literally feel his toned torso pressed against my hands since I was facing him. "Want me to keep the lamp on?." I shake my head, telling him that I don't really mind and we sit in a moment of silence.

"What triggered this?." He asks. He feels me tense up in his arms and pulls me even closer to him, rubbing my back soothingly. "Promise you won't tell anyone." He looks down at me, noticing my serious act.

"I promise."

It takes me a while to find my words but somehow I open my mouth and all information leaves and is now exposed for the very first time. "My grandfather..died in a thunderstorm back in Iowa. It was the reason why I left my hometown."

My grandfather and I were close, very close.

"He was driving back home from work during hurricane season and because of his slightly bad eye-sight he had crashed into another car that was passing by and couldn't save himself before his car blew up with him still-." I suddenly stop, tears welling up in my eyes.

"Okay, that's enough for now." Dean says, rocking us back and forth.

"I'm sorry Seth." I nod, thanking him for his support and wrap my around around his neck. "Why didn't you tell me before?."

"I thought you'd think of me as some sort of source to take advantage of." He tucks a strand of hair behind my ear, staring me directly in the eyes. "I would never, remember we're friends. Heck, we're roommates. Though one thing we do need to work on is trust."

And that makes me laugh softly as I stuff my head into the crook of his neck. "You don't mind if I sleep with you for the rest of the night.." I yawn.

"You're welcome anytime."

He turns off his lamp and wraps his arm around me again, this time pressing a kiss against my forehead. "Goodnight." Soon after, he had fallen asleep since his grip fell just a bit.

The thunder was still monstrous outside so I squeezed my eyes shut, listening to the soft snores that left his mouth which I found somewhat soothing. Next thing I knew, I was sleeping peacefully, for the first time during a storm.

🕊

Merry Chrysler everybody! Hope you all got what you wanted this year. I got a new ps4 console, shoes and fragrances. Unfortunately I have to share the money I got from my family with my siblings and that fucking sucks ass BUT imma have to deal with it lmao. What did y'all get?