31 - FUTURE SON-IN-LAW

|Eunwoo's POV|

"Don't get me wrong. I'm just inviting you as a friend." What. did. I. just. say?!... Well it was somehow right, I just can't tell her that I like her!

"I'm sorry Eunwoo-yah, but I have plans tonight." She said with a faint smile as she faced me.

"Oh, okay. There's always next time right?" I replied as I rubbed the back of my neck. "Well yeah. Next time. Byee!!" She said as she waved her hand and walked inside their house.

Ouch. That hurt. It's fineee. There's always NEXT TIME.

|Jiyoon's POV|

"Mom! Oppa! I'm homee!" I exclaimed as I walked into the living room.

"Jiyoon-ah! Did you chose this?" MJ-oppa said as he lifted up the jacket.

"Yeah. Mom and I picked that one." I replied with a smile. "Here. I brought you some ice cream." I added as I gave him his chocolate ice cream.

"Wow! Thanks sis!" He said as he took a bite. "Where's mom?" I asked.

"Oh, she's in her room." He said as I nodded in reply. I walked towards mom's room and knocked on her door.

"Mom, here's your ice cream." I came in as I gave her one. "Omo! Thank you Jiyoon-ah!" She responded with a smile.

"Welcome! Mom, I'll be just in my room. Call me if you need me." I said as I walked towards the door. "Don't forget about tonight!" She exclaimed as she raised her hand.

I went upstairs and threw myself into my bed. "Ughh. Who is that 'fine young man' that she's talking about?" I muttered under my breath as I got up.

"Whoever it is, I don't care. Let's just watch some kdramas." I got my phone and some pillows as I started watching.

~time skip~

"Jiyoon-ah! Jiyoon-ah!" Mom screamed as she barged into my room.

"What?!" I exclaimed as I faced her. "Get ready now! It's already 7:15 pm. You'll be meeting him at 8:00 pm." She replied as she walked towards me.

"What?! Time flied so fast! Okay, okayy." I said as I got up from bed.

"Here's your dress." She said as she lifted it up. "Oh, okay. I'll just change into this." I replied as I got it from her.

"I'll just wait downstairs. Double time!" She exclaimed as she opened the door.

"Wait! What if I don't wanna go?" I ran to her as I raised my eyebrows. "Then you won't have your daily allowance." She replied with a creepy smile as she went downstairs.

"Finee. It's just some stupid dinner with some stupid 'fine young man'." I muttered under my breath. I changed into the dress that mom and I bought.

I was about to go downstairs when..
"Wear some light makeup too!" Mom exclaimed. "Aish! This is driving me nuts!" I stamped my feet as I went back to my room.

"This stupid dinner is for my daily allowance. Just for my allowance and no more." I mumbled as I put some light makeup on.

I stood up as I was about to leave my room when something caught my eye. "Oh right! Bin's jacket! This, this is the second time already." I grabbed his jacket as I ran downstairs.

"Mom! Do you happen to know where Bin's other jacket is?" I asked as I raised my eyebrows.

"Oh, yes! Wait, I'll just go and get it." She replied as she ran to her room.

"Wow. You look.." Oppa said as he stared at me. "It's okay. Go and laugh if you want." I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Are you going on a date? You look..how should I say it..uhmm..you look amazing!" He exclaimed as he examined me.

"Thanks." I replied sarcastically. "Yah! I'm not joking right now! My sister always looks beautiful." He said with a smile as he hung his arm around my shoulder.

"Now, let me take a selfie with you." He raised his phone up as we both smiled. "Good luck on whoever you may meet tonight." He added.

"Yah!" I whined as I slapped his arm. "Here it is!" Mom said running as she lifted up Bin's jacket.

"Thanks mom!" I exclaimed. "Now, I should return this to him."

"What?" She panicked. "What do you mean what?" I asked as I narrowed my eyes.

"This, the jacket that you're holding. This hasn't been washed yet." She said as she grabbed it from me.

"Aish! Why do you even need to wash it?" I whined as I grabbed it back. "No! I need to wash this. This, this jacket, you can return it to him." She said as she gave me the black one.

"Yah! Yah! It's already 7:50! We shouldn't waste more time. Let's go now!" She exclaimed as she threw the blue jacket on the couch.

"MJ we'll get going now! Byee! I'll be back later." She said as she pushed me outside the house.

We hopped into our car as we fastened our seatbelts. "Let's go!" She exclaimed as she raised her fist up.

"Mom, can you drop me by Bin's house? I need to return this jacket to him." I asked as she started to drive.

"Okay." She replied with a smile.

I hugged Bin's jacket as I faced the window. The stars started to shine across the dark sky.

We passed by the convenience store that leads to Bin's house. "Mom, I think Bin's house is that way."

"Oh, really? You don't have to worry. You can give it to him later." She replied with a smile.

"Oh, okay. But mom are we almost there?" I asked.

"Yeah, don't you worry we're almost there." She replied with a reassuring smile as I nodded in reply.

•••

As minutes passed by, mom parked the car. "We're heree." She said as we got off.

"Mom." I stared at the restaurant in awe with my mouth open. "Don't you worry." She said as she whispered to me.

"So, who am I meeting tonight?" I asked as we stepped inside.

"My future son-in-law." She whispered to me. My eyes widened as those words stepped out of her mouth.

"What?! Future son-in-law?! You said it was a fine young man." I whispered back as I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Yes. He's a fine young man. Now go and meet him. Bye!" She explained as she pushed me.

Mom have you gone mad?! Who's this future son-in-law that you're talking about?!