A Brighter Future:

I enter my house and am quick to chuck my bag on the floor as I collapse on the couch, body facing the ceiling. I have yet to answer Namjoon's invite since I wasn't sure what to say.

Do I go?
Of course I do!
Is it a good idea?
Why wouldn't it be.. right?

After contemplating my choices, I finally pick up my phone and replied to his text.

"Enjoyed the
concert?"

"Of course, you guys were unreal!"

"Glad to hear it~
Say, would you want
to visit me and the
rest at Hannam the Hill
tomorrow where we're
staying?"

"Are you sure it's alright? I know you guys are extremely busy. I don't want to cause a problem."

"Don't be silly, I'll sneak
you in. It won't be a
problem at all ㅋㅋㅋ"

"If you say so, then I'd love to"

After my heart rate decreased a bit, I put my phone away and decide to finally end this day on a high note. I wash up got the night and fall fast asleep soon after.

09:12, the next day.

Today is going to be eventful.

Namjoon and I had decided to meet at 12:00, so I drag myself out of bed and make myself breakfast, however being interrupted halfway with an email notification from my computer. I open it to find an email from one of the job applications I had sent.

"Hello y/n, we are emailing regarding your submitted application to work for us. We have had a chance to review your resume and your art works, and we have been pleasantly surprised with your abilities. We'd like to invite you to an interview tomorrow at 09:00 regarding your position here, thank you for applying."

FUCK YES!!!!!

I had applied to a job as a painter for a private university, where they had wanted someone to portrait certain emotion and capture specific scenes, as well as occasionally teach a senior art course. I have had teaching work experience previously, however nothing big, so being sought out by a bigger university like this gave me great financial relief.

Even thought this is a great thing, this won't accomplish my desire to become successful.

As great as this job is financially, I've also been creating new paintings and sharing old ones with the media here. That included things such as competitions for the 10 best art works, and social media, in hopes to attract the attention of well known artists and make my name known.

One day..

I complete my breakfast of an omelette and black coffee, and sit down to reply to the email. After about 30 minutes of sitting and staring at blankly at nothing, I thought I need to get up and stop and letting my mind run wild at the table. So I decided to hop into the shower and have my mind run wild there.

I get out of the shower and pick out my clothes, and whilst letting my hair dry I do my makeup, texting JaeHwa about the job email in between mascara applications. Finally, I stare at myself in the mirror, feeling drowned in my own nerves for the 36th time this week. After a deep breathe in, I grab my bag and make my way to the subway station.

A long hour and a half later, I've arrived to the street of their apartment, and my last step of this journey is to walk to Hannam the Hill. As I approach the entrance, I find myself fighting back every urge not to turn back and run the opposite way, but alas I made it. I pull out my phone and text Namjoon that I'm outside. Whilst waiting for him, I decide to admire the beautiful interior design of the building.