wheelchairs #33

Andys POV

I woke up from someone tapping my shoulder.

"yes?" I said hazely.

"sorry to wake you, but rye is ready to see" the nurse said.

"oh my gosh, thank you so much" I exclaimed, making my way to his room.

I opened the door slowly and saw rye laying there, under thick covers and eyes closed, his mouth parted slightly.

I lent down and kissed him softly, causing him to wake up.

"hey handsome, how are you feeling?" I asked.

"hey beautiful, I feel good actually, it doesn't hurt, and look" he said, lifting up the covers to reveal his naked body, but with half a leg instead of a whole one.

"I thought they were amputating the whole thing?" I asked.

"yeah same, but apparently thats all that was needed". he said.

"how long until you can come home?" I asked.

"2 days" he said.

"okay, and rye, I have a surprise for you when we get back" I said, knowing that he will be happy with the fact ive bought a new house and got the removal vans to move everything whilst we've been at the hospital, which will take a long time as its up in Birmingham.

"mm okay" he slurred, going back to sleep.

~~~5 hours later~~~

I had been sat here for almost 6 hours now, i was knackered and needed a shower.

"rye baby" I said, gently poking his shoulder.

"yeah?" he muttered.

"im gonna go back to the hotel for some clothes and a shower, im gonna bring you some things too" I said, stroking his hair.

"okay, love you"

"love you too" I said, whilst standing up and walking out.

Ryes POV

it was weird not being able to do anything, laying vulnerable in bed with no leg. I dont know how im gonna manage without one, I used it for everything, I wont even be able to walk.