Chapter 8

"Jinyoung?"

"Am I going to have to block your number?" He replied jokingly.

"Stop playing." I said trying not to smile.

"I'm bored at home want to go get some burgers?" I suggested.

"You paying right?" Jinyoung replied. I chuckled then told him where we should meet before hanging up the phone.

~~~~~~

"So why didn't you just invite the others?" Jinyoung asked curiously.

"Uh........I didn't feel like it." I responded.

Jinyoung took out his phone and started writing something down.

"What are you doing?" I asked curiously.

"I am saving your number as "Cocky snort face" in my phone." Jinyoung said smiling.

"Heck no." I said trying to grab the phone from his hand.

I ended up chasing him around the food truck.

"Give me that!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

"Nah cocky snort face shall stay forever." Jinyoung yelled in a fake British accent.

Jinyoung sat back down locking his phone so I couldn't get in.

"You want these fries?" Jinyoung asked.

Before I could reply he was already eating them. I smiled accepting it even though normally I would fight someone if they take my food.

"Cocky snort face huh?" I said with my chin on the table.

"Your a sore loser and when you win your a cocky little brat and you snort when you laugh, which is annoying by the way." Jinyoung replied with a smirk. I chucked before getting serious to ask her a very important question.

"Jinyoung?" I said looking straight into his eyes.

"Yeah, what's up?" Jinyoung replied looking anxious.

"Have you ever had an identity crisis but it was to the point where if you tried to explain it to anyone it sounds crazy?" I said before taking a sip of my drink.

"All the time." Jinyoung responded. His attitude grew serious and he stopped eating.

"Every single day. I've always wanted to tell someone about how my mother died and how that led to me growing up the way I did but I feel like it would be to complicated for a lot of people to understand so I always just kept it to myself."

"Oh....I'm sorry to hear that." I sympathized.

"Don't feel sorry it can't be helped. It's not like I have an emotional attachment to her or anything. She died right after I was born."

"Well if it helps, I know what it's like to not have a parent around. My dad has been missing for the past 8 years." I sympathized with him.

"Sunmi never told me you guy's dad wasn't around. What do you think happened to him?" Jinyoung replied anxiously.

"I don't know he just left one day saying he was going to work and never came back. After that my mom started lashing out on everyone and being the horrible woman she is today."

"I guess we understand each other better now then." Jinyoung said smiling at me.

After eating we were walking around the park across the street from the food truck.

"Jinyoung?"

"Yeah what's the matter?" Jinyoung said looking at something on his phone.

"How fast do you think it takes for people to fall in love." I said looking at a couple watch the night sky from a bench on the grass. Jinyoung paused in his steps.

"That's a good question. It could take 3 seconds. Or maybe even 3 months. Sometimes 3 years, but when it happens you'll know and you shouldn't try to deny it's there but act on it." Jinyoung said before putting his hands in his pockets and starting to walk again.

"What do you do if the person you like happens to be someone close to you but you don't know how everyone else will react because it was so out of the blue, and you yourself don't know what will happen if they find out."

Jinyoung began to smirk.

"You like someone, let me guess is it.....Seulgi?!" Jinyoung said yelling at the top of his lungs.

"Heck no!" I replied with disgust.

"It's way more complicated than that. Because we'll....I don't really know for sure if it's real or not.....but well...." I couldn't finish my sentence.

I turned to face Jinyoung. I grabbed him but the waist bringing him closer to me. And before I knew it I was kissing him.

The kiss felt......right. I'm really gay aren't I. I pulled back for air and next thing I knew Jinyoung was walking away with shock.

"Jinyoung wait!" I said running towards him.

He turned around and I saw tears flowing down his eyes.

"That was my first kiss you a**hole!" He yelled at the top of his lungs.

"Next time you kiss someone at least give them a warning" he said before punching me on the chest.

"Why are you so annoying?!"

I stood there in shock.

"Answer me! Huh?"

I grabbed his hands before saying.....

"You said it yourself that people could fall for another in 3 seconds right? I think it took me 3 seconds. From the first time we met in the store. I guess I didn't realize it at first but I had always felt someway about you. And I couldn't get over how you never liked to be bossed around by me and......." I was cut off.

"I don't feel the same......I'm sorry."

Jinyoung walked away leaving me depressed and dumbfounded.

"What do I do now?"

To be continued......