Chapter 41

The very second he reached the college, Ishaan parked his bike aside before rushing in. He almost ran through the long hallway. He racked his head thinking where she would be.

Okay, Eby said that she was in the college. But, could n't he specify the place? Or with whom she was? Farhan? No! There was no idea about him since morning that the chance for him to be there was null. When the realization that it was his role to ask it in detail hit him hard on his head. He could not help but punched the poor wall leaning before him.

Without wasting much time, Ishaan climbed up the stairs to first floor, totally ignoring the confused faces of many passing him. He paused when he came to see that familiar face inside a classroom which could only be defined as spaceless.

"Anjali..." His jerky voice made her to turn aside.

"Ishaan? Why you are here? You were supposed to go by now..."

"Anjali, please listen.." He tried to calm himself.

"Well, did you see Eby? I have been trying to call him and he.."

"I don't know what you are talking about. But.. where is Amaaya?" He asked in a hurry. She felt like his breath was getting ready to bid goodbye to him when he finally asked it.

"Uhh? Ainu? She.. She had been here before couple of minutes. But, I don't know where she went.." Anjali felt a bit scared, looking at his restless eyes.

"Is everything okay Ishaan?"

He slightly nodded before getting out the class. After which he took a glimpse at the time, he went on with his searching.

How much he wished to have her number so that he could have called her and ask where on earth was she hiding?

Afterwhich he failed to find her, Ishaan walked outside and headed to the empty playground. The only thing he felt at that precise moment was... disappointment. He looked at the wide sky which kept pouring babydrops of rain over him. He exhaled a desperate breathe.

It was then he came to see someone seated on the stairs  above the ground. He knew it was none other than her that a small smile played on his wet lips. Taking slow steps, he moved to her. She was sitting with her eyes closed and head down. If there was a condition he should follow his heart, he should have jumped at it.

Without the knowledge about his presence, she got stuck in her pool of thoughts. She didn't feel to join the college fest but she somehow mastered up the courage to be herself. Herself again.

Amaaya didn't know what had happened to her. Why could n't she enjoy those programmes with her friends? Instead of whistling and roaring, all she felt was empty. She was terribly missing something! That was when she came out and ended up being there.

She did not yet get over that day when she was forced to untie the bouquet of cotton candy which she felt she never could. She too heard him, Ishaan, confessing his feelings for Shreya. But, she could not believe those words. Or else, she did not want to. One major part of her was still believing that there was some other reason behind it. But, why on earth was she still pondering over it?

Ishaan took a seat beside her not intending to talk but kept looking her. Once she felt a heavy gaze on her, she looked up only to see the most unexpected person beside her. Amaaya froze upon seeing him, that too only inches away her.

She stood up once she got back her senses, "What...what are you doing here?" He chose to remain silent as always.

"Can't you hear?" She tried to be harsh. He stood up and moved to her with a slight smile. Amaaya felt awkward that she started to move.

"Amaaya.." He paused. "I.. I have to talk to you."

"I don't want to.." She said before stepping away but stopped when he took hold of her arm. "You have to."

"You better go and talk to Shreya. I have nothing to do with you."

"Please Amaaya.. Just once." She could not say anything watching his pleading eyes.

"I felt like I should say this to you." His eyes held a hint of pain and hope at the same time.

"But I don't feel like hearing you. I had enough of your words. I can't take anymore." Her voice shook with emotions.

"Only if you knew how I felt when I said those things to her. I could not even sleep after that. I have been living lifelessly all these while. I cannot do this to me anymore."

"It was all because of that evilish lady. Shreya's aunt, Suzan. I was in a helpless situation that I should abide by her words."

"So, you are saying that you did all those by her words." She sighed. "You are really brilliant. And you have got all the power and money that you can change words when you want to."

"Damn! Just think why should I do this. You think I have everything. The power and money. But, there is something more than that." He paused gulping.

"I had been brought up in an orphanage, where I had no one as my own. Of course, they treated me nicely there. But, I was blank about what is called parent's love. I used to be awake at midnight, wondering where would be my parents, why they had left me."

"You won't understand that terrible feeling of loneliness. But, at my eighth birthday, they had come to pick me. And the rest of my life was like a dream."

Even though Amaaya was well aware about that, she felt a heavy pain in her chest, watching him being weak and emotional unlike himself.

"And I have to do that for my parents. I could not let anything in the world to interrupt the harmony of their life, who had given me a second life. I did it for them. Those words were not mine Amaaya." Once she could see an ocean of emotions in his eyes, tears began to stream down her moist face.

"But you, you already said that. And, you can't just undo everything you have done. If you do feel regret about it too, who am I to hear? There is no need for an explanation to me. I have nothing to do here." She raised her hands in air, without facing him beacause she knew that she could not say it looking into his eyes.

"You really have nothing to do with this?" He asked with a bleeding heart.

"No.. no.." She whispered with tears flowing down her face.

"Look at me and say it again." He asked, looking deep into her.

Amaaya buried her head down, lacking words. Ishaan caressed her cheeks before tilting up her chin to face him. She froze upon the sudden contact. "You know that I can't love her, right?" She nodded with a tear stricken smile.

"And you know..." He began as her heart beat increased drastically.

"You know that I...."

"Excuse me?" They were taken aback by the interruption of a male voice. It was his driver.

"Sir, it's time for the flight." Ishaan sighed in disgust as he knew that it was his parents who sent him there. But the sad part was that it was already the time.

"Yeah, I'm coming.." Ishaan said, indicating him to leave and looked back at Amaaya.

"I'm going London tonight. I have some works there. And.. it's.. time I think." He shoved his hands in pockets, giving her a helpless look.

"Okay.." She bit her lips feeling a slight disappointment.

Ishaan spun around to leave but turned back again to see her. "I will be here within a week. And we will be seeing I think." He said with a mischievous glint.

"Take care of your little bones." Said Ishaan, passing his million dollar smile for which she felt like she had shifted to another world which one could call heaven.

So, he knew to smile that way?

She smiled with a hope glimmering her eyes, watching him getting in his car.

Just like she always say, he is unpredictable!