Chapter 1: Dreams Are Portals

I just finished another mission with my squad and i never felt exhausted in my entire life. 

"Why don't you go to sleep Levi?", Eren told me.

I thought for a while and guessed that sleeping might be a good idea for a while.

Unlike usual where I clean around the basement after a mission, I decided to take a quick nap and will wake up afterwards to clean up because I know the others will make a mess in minutes. 

I went to my room, sat down at the bed and sipped a newly made tea just before sleeping. When I felt relaxed, I hurried to sleep and felt the relief of having a good rest. 

After a while, I woke up from my nap. I sat up at my bed and stretched my arms, getting ready to get up. As I stood up, I can hear laughter and talking outside of the room. It seems to be coming from the meeting room. I opened the door and walked towards the meeting room.

"Hey! Captain Levi's awake!", a familiar feminine voice called out from the room.

I took a look around the room and saw a female's face I never thought I would see again. Petra was there, sitting at a chair, talking with my old squad members, Oluo, Eld, and Gunther. I stood there for a moment, thinking that the tea might've made me insane.

"Come on! We made a tea ready for you.", Gunther said, pointing at the hot tea, sitting on top of the table.

In my curiosity, I walked towards the table, took the teacup and sipped the tea. I put the teacup down and looked at them. They seem real. 

"All of this isn't real. This is only a dream.", I thought to myself.

"Why are you silent captain?", Oluo asked.

"You do know that captain isn't a talkative type.", Petra replied to him.

"Well he should at least say one wor--.", Oluo began but he then bit his tongue as usual.

The whole squad laughed. I was still standing there, confused as hell. I needed an explanation. As they laughed and talked for minutes, we received a mission to go outside the walls. I ordered them to get their gears and go outside to the horses then get ready. 

They rushed outside the headquarters, putting the capes on and I followed slowly from behind, thinking deeply. I then untied the horse and hop on it.

We waited for the gates to open and I looked around for another confusing thing happening. Well, nothing else was weird and questionable. The gates finally opened and you can hear all the horse galloping around you. I started the horse and it galloped ahead with my squad right behind me.

Seeing five titans ahead, I quickly took out my blades and get ready. I looked behind me slightly and saw my members get ready as we came closer to the titans. I hooked the wires at a titan's nape and strike the blades deeply, cutting it off. I landed on the ground and I looked back at the remaining four titans as Petra, Oluo, Eld and Gunther finished them off.

They landed back beside me and we hop back on the horses and moved forward, back to a formation. We can see and hear a lot of signal flares getting fires around us. We kept an eye out for titans heading towards us.

                                                                                                ***

After a few more titan killings, the scouts went back inside the walls. I turned the horse and went back and have the squad following from behind. Everything that has happened and is happening is still confusing for me. 

"Why are my ex squad alive? I know this is not real. But why aren't I waking up yet? When will this end?!", more and more thoughts keep coming in my mind. But since I did missed the squad, excluding the fact that I have to keep watch after them, I guess I could spend the time with them as I can.

After a few more minutes, we arrived back at the headquarters. We hop off our horses and tied them up so that they won't wander away. We went back to the meeting room and sat down. They were once again having a nice and fun conversation.

"It's been a while since I saw their smiles in person."

Seeing their smiles made me burst into tears deep inside. I never thought I'll be so happy and emotional seeing them right in front of me again. 

I don't want this to end...

I closed my eyes for a moment, opened my eyes and started talking to them normally and happily like everything's normal.

Everything's normal...