Chapter 7: Confessions

It was already morning and my squad had already woken up. I stayed up all night as usual, thinking deep thoughts. For the whole night, I thought of whether I will confess to Petra or not and i decided to do so.

I waited until she was outside her room, preparing for the day. I walked up to her and asked for a moment.

"Sure Captain what is it?", she asked.

"Well... I've been meaning to tell you this for a long time bu--", my sentence was cut by Oluo who suddenly came by.

"Hey Petra do help me in cleaning the horses.", he said.

"O-okay Oluo.", she replied. "I'll talk to you later Captain."

I sighed and nodded as they walk away from me.

Tch... Amost had it

I sat down at a chair and sipped my tea, waiting for her. After a few more minutes, she still isn't coming back. I wonder...

Just then, Petra's father came by with a note.

"Sir do you know where Petra is? I just received this note she sent to me. It is filled with her experience in the Levi Squad. And also, she said she wanted to marry you sir.", he said.

"Oh.", I replied, speechless. "She's at the back with Oluo."

"Oh okay sir.", he replied and walked to the back.

Did I just hear that right?!

"Hey Captain?", Eren said from behind.

"Yes?"

"Is their any task for me today?"

"Clean the basment."

"A.. Again?!"

"Yes"

"Sigh Yes sir."

He went down the basement with his things. I then went back on sipping my tea and waiting as I think of everything that's happening.

"Sir? Is it okay for me to go with my father for a while?", Petra began as she walked towards me.

"Oh sure. I'll just see you later on top of the walls.", I replied.

"Okay thank you sir."

She walked away from the headquarters with her father. I let out a sigh.

"Oh? Sir are you asking her out?!", shouted Gunther who was right behind me.

"Is that true?!", Eld continued.

"If it's true, then what?", I replied defensively. "Will you stop me if so?"

They chuckled and walked over to me, patting my back.

"Go get the girl Captain!", Gunther said.

I showed a small sign of joy in my face.

After a few moments, I stood up and headed to the top of the walls. I waited for Petra to come. I sat at the edge of the wall, watching the view.

                                  ***
She glide right behind me.

"So why did you wanted to see me Sir?", she asked, walking towards me.

"I just want to tell you something.", I replied.

"What is it?"

"Well we are close squad mates aren't we?"

"Yes..."

"I have been meaning to tell you this for a long time..."

"Mhm?"

"Well I... I... I like you!"

She stood there in surprise.

"I..", she muttered. "I like you too Captain Levi!!!"

I stood there, smiling knowing that she felt the same. She rushed to a hug, smiling under her breath. She leaned her head at my chest.

"It's nice to know you feel the same.", she whispered. She pulled away from me and smiled warmly. She waved at me and went down the walls.

I just stood there staring at nothing in the air.

I did it? I did it!!!

I smiled under my breath. I also went down the walls with joy in me. Joy like never before...

A feeling that was long lost...