Chapter 2: Titans at our Day Off

After the long chat yesterday, we all went to sleep and had a rest. I stayed up late as usual. I was glancing outside the window, sipping tea, watching the sky. 

The sky looks beautiful today.

I wondered, "If I sleep now, will I wake up in the real world?".

I went double minded of what step I will do next. Sleep and probably wake up to reality? Or stay up late and hope I can still enjoy my time.

My eyes were halfway asleep that time that made me fall asleep at the chair. 

                                                                                            ***

I woke up at the same place where i slept. I looked around and things looked the same.

Is this still a dream?

I then heard my door open. I turned around to see who that was and I saw Petra standing there with a tea at her hand.

"Hey there Captain Levi. I made you tea.", she said in her usual sweet, calm, and gentle voice.

She walked closer and handed me my tea. I took it and sipped the tea, feeling relaxed.

"Can we have at least a day off for a while?", I thought.

"Hey Petra. Do you and the others have any missions for today?", I asked her.

"No sir. Why?", she replied.

"I think we'll go on a day off for today. So that we can have a rest."

She smiled and nodded while saying, "I will tell the others Captain.".

She ran back outside the room and went to the others. I just stayed there and sipped my tea, relieved that I was still in this dream of mine. Though the thought of when it will end still fills my mind. I walked outside my room, looking around the halls looking for the squad.

I walked outside the headquarters and saw them wearing normal clothes, talking in a circle. They turned around and looked at me, waving their hands. I walked towards them and asked them what they would do for today.

"I will just go around town.", Oluo said.

"Me and Gunther will go gliding around.", Eld replied.

I looked at Petra who doesn't seem to know what she would like to do for today.

"Petra what's your plan for today?", I asked.

"I don't know sir. Haven't thought of it.", she said.

"Why don't you go walk around with me? I am kinda alone. I would like to have company for a while."

"Sure Captain."

Oluo, Eld, and Gunther went ahead and did their plans for their day off while me and Petra stayed in front of the Headquarters. We stood there silent for a while then she started the conversation.

"Let's go Captain?", she said with a warm smile. 

I nod my head slowly, starting to walk outside the headquarters with her. It was a lovely morning. As we walked around town, we saw children walking and playing around. Everything seems fine. I was glad to see them unafraid of their situation. I looked up the walls knowing that one day, we will either win or lose. But for now, it does not matter to me for now.

As we were walking around, Petra managed to buy a snack for us. She hand me a Senbei  (rice cracker) along with my favorite tea. I took a bite and a sip as she finished hers. After we finished, we went back on walking and looked around the peaceful town. 

                                                                                       ***

After a while, we heard a loud rumble near the walls. Me and Petra rushed near the gate and saw titans coming in. The gate wasn't closed. A swarm of titans are coming in. Crowds of people are running away from the gate. We saw scouts and garrison members fighting the horrible creatures. 

I looked around to see if Oluo, Eld or Gunther was around but I couldn't spot them in the crowd. Petra decided that we should head back to the headquarters and get our gears. We hurried back and quickly grabbed our gears.

Even if it's our day off, we have to fight for the sake of humanity.

 Me and Petra walked back outside and saw Oluo, Eld and Gunther, waiting. 

"Looks like day off is going to wait for a while.", Eld said.

We hooked up our wires unto the roofs and glide to the titans.

I hope no one dies... Please...