Chapter 3: The Attack of The Colossal

As we arrived, right in front of us were people screaming from pain as they get ripped apart by the titans. We saw more and more scouts arriving at the area to help.

I quickly hooked my wires directly to a titan's nape and slashed it's nape off in one go. I stood on top of the titan's body. I turned around and saw two more of them walking in a slowly towards me. I then hooked the wires to the roof near me, boost my speed through the gas and went near their back, cutting their napes off.

I looked around for my squadmates and I saw them at the distance, fighting off a swarm of titans. I thought of helping them out but I heard a cry for help nearby. I looked around to know where the cry for help was coming from. A few meters away from my east, there was a female child trapped at a dead end with a titan in front of her. As I started charging towards east, my comrades got caught and their blades slipped away from their hands, being unable to fight.

I looked back and forth, thinking of what to do.

Should I save the poor child or should I sacrifice her life for my beloved comrades that I once lost?

I checked if my comrades are about to be titan food and they still seem to be holding off the titans. I decided to save the child first. I hope that I would not regret my choice. I quickly cut off the nape of the titan, letting the child run and evacuate to a safer area. 

I then hurried and charged back to my comrades, quickly killing all the titans holding them. They seem to be the last titans around the area so the coast was clear. We let out a sigh of relief and the gates are once again being closed. 

                                                                                          ***

After we checked if all the titans in the area are killed, we started heading back. We barely made it halfway to the headquarters when we heard a loud splash of thunder from outside of the walls. We turned around and saw the Colossal Titan, staring down at us just like five years ago. My comrades stood there staring in fear at the gigantic creature. 

I gripped the handle of my blades, as I look at it. I can feel my rage rising from inside me. I took one step forward and was about to charge at it but Petra grabbed my arm before I can even take off.

Before I can even make my excuse, the Colossal titan kicked it's gigantic foot hard at the wall leaving a big hole on it. Scouts then arrived to help those on top of the walls. I walked forward, forgetting Petra's grip on my arm. I turned my head at her and let my arm go free. Before she can even say anything, I quickly ran to the walls and hooked my wires on top of it. 

Petra and the others stayed behind. As I go near the Colossal, the other scouts aimed for its nape. Before I got the chance to attack it, it released a hot steam, making everything at my vision pure white. I tried making my way out of it but as the steam cleared out, the Colossal had disappeared. 

I looked around outside the walls for any sign of the monstrous creature but all that's left was the large footprint left at the entrance inside. The hole made on the wall caused a swarm of titans to come inside. The number of the scouts decreased. A lot of them died and a lot were injured.

I took a short glance at where I last saw my comrades and they seem fine. I hurried down towards them.

"Where did the Colossal go?", Eld asked confusingly.

"That wretched titan made an opening for the titans.", Oluo replied. 

"I don't know for now. But what we have to do is kill these titans before they spread out.", I replied.

I changed my blades then faced the entrance. A lot of them are entering. I studied the area near the titans and ordered my squad to go different directions. They headed to their positions and I moved forward....