Chapter 5: Mission Beyond The Walls

After the incident with the Colossal Titan yesterday, there was a giant hole at the wall  causing the other titans to come inside the walls. Hanji managed to repair the hole just like she said. The buildings were repaired too and a few people are able to come back to their homes. 

I stood there watching the fields on top of the walls. I watched the titans nearby as they walk around the walls.Petra then came behind me.

"Captain Levi? You are acting weird these past few days.", she started.

I turned around to face her. She was standing there with her sweet, warm smile. I cleared my throat.

"Well. I'm just staying silent as usual.", I replied

"Well you aren't talking to us that much anymore"

"I just have deep thoughts."

She nods slowly with a slight confusion in her face. She turned around.

"We'll be waiting at the headquarters."

She glide down the walls leaving me alone on the wall. I took a last glance at the fields and I turned around, following Petra from afar. 

                                                                                         ***

I reached the headquarters and walked in, taking my gear and jacket off. They were there at the table, talking as usual. I walked over to my seat and saw my favorite tea sitting there on top of the table. I sat down the chair and listened to the conversation while sipping my tea.

"Who could be behind that Colossal attack?", Gunther questioned.

They were talking about the attack yesterday. That massive titan was the main topic of every conversation heard inside the walls. Some say it was a shifter. Some say it's a new breed of titans. We don't know which to believe for we don't have any proof. 

Just in the middle of the group's conversation, Hanji came darting inside the room.

"Levi!!!", she exclaimed. 

"What?", I asked.

"We're to be sent outside the walls! We will go and find out about that big beautiful titan!", she replied.

I sighed and nod. "We'll be there in a minute."

She then rushed outside. I stood up from the chair.

Another mission...

I put my gear on and so did the others. We went outside, untied our horses and hop on. we went near the gate where all the other squads were. Hanji was waiting there.

"Oi! Levi! Are you excited?!", she once again exclaimed.

"The only one excited about titans is you four eyes.", I replied.

She made a laugh for what I said then looks up ahead as the gates open. Galloping of horses can once again be heard all around. Me and my squad headed forward right behind Erwin's group. We didn't got that far in the field, flares were already fired up in the sky. We continued heading forward, following Erwin and his squad. 

We were advancing near the forest. 

The female titan incident? 

The scene is so familiar.

Is this the time they have to say goodbye? Is this the end of my dream? Or should I prevent it from happening?

My grip on the rein tightened just by thinking about it. We came face to face with the forest and my grip tighten up more. As the horses go deeper into the forest, I often took a glance behind me, looking at my squad.

I looked back ahead and then heard the heavy footsteps. The Female Titan is here. Me knowing what will happen next will be a good advantage. I fired up the flare gun and it produced a loud screeching noise. My squadmates covered their ears at the sound. 

I looked behind me and the Female titan is still gaining on us. 

The story line in this world seems off... But I think the results will be the same. They shouldn't die.

The scouts right behind us were already killed by the titan. I gripped the reins tighter.

Either fight or lose them...

Just before I try and make an attack, the titan has already caught up to us. I looked at my scouts and they seem calm just like the real story. I calmed myself and looked back ahead, knowing that the trap is at reach.

Just then, we managed to reach the trap and Erwin with the others fired at the female titan. We hooked our wires on the tree branches right above us and watched as the female titan get caught. It stood still there. 

The other scouts tried cutting off its hands that are blocking its nape but it just hardened them, preventing even a scratch from the blades.

I feared that I might not change their fate, knowing that everything seems to repeat itself.

Before we try to attack it once again, it let out a loud roar, grabbing the surrounding titans' attentions. They came and feast on the Female Titan. 

My scouts glide away from the titan, back outside the forest. Instead of me staying, I went and followed knowing that their time is up but before I can even go far, Erwin stopped me for no necessary reasons.

                                                                                 *Levi Squad POV*

We were gliding back outside the forest and is also waiting for Captain Levi. As we go further, we noticed the green smoke from a flare gun. We thought it might be from the Captain so we hurried to the direction...

                                                                                         *Levi POV*

I hurried away from Erwin when he wasn't looking and saw the green smoke. I followed it, knowing that it was her...

I swear I won't let it happen!!!