Chapter 11: 5 years

Five years have passed and a lot had happened. Even though the Colossal and Armored weren't found, things went well.

My squad had grown stronger and our squad is the strongest. I'm glad. But that's not all. Me and Petra got married. We have a kid now. His name's "Levar".

He grew strong for four years. And because of that, Petra had to stay behind and rest until Levar grow older.

It's not just my life that went great. But for the others too. Isabel and Farlan got together. They came by one time and told me about their relationship. They were happy.

If they're happy, I'm happy...

Nothing can ruin it...

***

I was outside the headquarters early in the morning, sipping a warm cup of coffee. Levar came to me and tugged my pants. I put the cup down and carried him in my arms.

"Papa?", he began.

"Yes?", I replied.

"When can I also soar at the skies with you, mama and uncle and aunties?"

"When you're old enough."

"When is that papa? I want to be with you and your friends and be called the strongest like you."

I smiled slightly and ruffled his hair. "We'll see... Don't think about it for now."

He nodded and smiled happily. Petra walked towards us.

"Mama!", Levar exclaimed.

Petra took Levar from my arms and cuddled him gently. "How's my little soldier?"

"As strong as papa.", he replied, smiling at me.

I stroked his head then Oluo and Eren came by.

"Captain? Excuse me Captain but we are sent outside.", Eren said.

"Oh okay... Looks like papa's going to work.", I told Levar.

"Can I come? Just to watch?"

"I'm afraid no. It's too dangerous. You need to be stronger okay?"

"Aw okay... Stay safe papa."

"I will. See ya Petra."

"Take care Levi.", Petra said.

I walked away with the horse's rein at my hands. I can see Levar and Petra waving goodbye at me from afar and going back inside the headquarters.

I hop on the horse when we arrived the gate.

"Scouts!", exclaimed Erwin. "Today, we'll be travelling outside the walls for long. We need to find those two titan shifters no matter what. Kill or be killed! That's what will happen. If you're a coward, better go and turn back and drop your names as scouts!"

Kill or be killed... Is he saying this is the finale?

The gates opened and all the scouts headed forward all going in the same direction.

Today... Today will be the end of them.

I want to survive this. To be able to see a peaceful life. Not just me. But for my squad too.

And I looked around and saw my friends, looking brave and heroic. I knew this would end out fine....

***

We reached our destination. It was a town filled with titans. We searced for Reiner and Bertholdt.

"Sir I see them.", whispered Eren beside me.

"Where?", I asked.

He pointed over at a house nearby. I quietly called out the others. We took a look inside through a window and there they are, sitting together.

Erwin ordered us to get ready. I took out my blades and remained back up. Erwin kicked the door open. Bertholdt and Reiner looked up surprisingly. 

"What the hell?!", said Bertholdt.

"Give up already. We won't let you destroy humanity.", Erwin said.

Both of them smirked as Reiner bit his hand turning to a titan. It grabbed Bertholdt and ran back to the walls. We went on our horses and followed right behind them. They were too far to hook on...

They're finally reaching the walls....

Levar...Petra....